• 한국 컀뮀니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differences between ColdFusion Developer and Enterprise editions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the feature differences between ColdFusion Developer and Enterprise editions?  Is there any online documentation from Adobe that explains what they are?

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Thank you, I appreciate all your responses.  They provided the answer I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to searching like @BKBK helpfully suggested, you can apply a bit of common sense. Developer versions of products typically provide the full functionally of a product but limit its availability. CF is no different. It has nearly all the functionality of Enterprise, but limits its availability by restricting the number of users, watermarking PDFs, and similar things. If you ask yourself whether you could get away with using it in production, the technical answer will probably be "no". And of course the legal answer is always "no".

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And adding to both answers, I can say that I tried using that search and a) sadly some of the top Google search results there are no longer accurate (more in a moment). Perhaps more important, b) I could not find among those any cf page that offered the answer.

And to expand on Dave's answer, there's one particular feature in Enterprise that is not in the Developer edition: a couple of aspects of high-volume email configurations in the the cf admin.

As for the limit on how many ip addresses can use the dev edition, the limit used to be no more than a couple (beyond which a cf restart was required). That changed a few releases ago to instead be no more than a couple AT THE SAME TIME--and beyond that any requests from other ips are queued and will run when the others complete, no restart required.

I clarify both these points in a slide of my preso that was focused the differences between cf standard and enterprise. That 2020 talk is available on my site (as a pdf and a link to recordings of it) at https://www.carehart.org/presentations/#differences_std_ent. (BTW, I don't indicate the watermarks, as my brief mention of developer edition differences was focused more on what features did not work at all.) 

One last thing: I'd indicated then that another difference was that only the enterprise edition (and not even the developer edition) supported the cf security code analyzer. That changed in cf2021, as I documented in a blog post at the time.

You've raised a good question, and it's one that deserves there be a decent answer. I hope we've offered that. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I appreciate all your responses.  They provided the answer I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation