• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does ColdFusion 2018 have Responsive Charts Now

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the cfchart tag which uses the Zing Chart engine. Zing Chart itself is responsive. However, ColdFusion 2016 had not implemented that version of Zing Charts. I was wondering if CF 2018 will implement the latest Zing Chart engine with responsive charts?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case no one may answer your specific question, just know that the point of the public beta is so that you can try it yourself.

If you may be thinking, “I don’t want to break my current setup”, first note that you can always install CF as either the trial or developer edition (same installer as the production one) on any machine, separate from one where you may currently have your CF2016 setup.

Second, note that you can even install a new CF version on the same machine that is currently running your CF2016 (or any CF version). CF installs are not “upgrades”. They are new installs, so this would be a new CF 2018 install, in its own folder, with its own service, and running entirely separately from your current one.

The only thing to note is that at the end of the installer, where it offers to integrate with any external web server (such as IIS or Apache), you would not want to do that, if you want to avoid impacting the current sites talking to CF2016. Instead, you would end up with what’s called the built-in web server, and it would listen on port 8500 (or 8501, and so on, as the installer would tell you was next available), and you could setup some test code in the coldfusion2018\cfusion\wwwroot, to run such code via that built-in web server.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie, Thanks for your reply.  I've been part of the beta group and I'll continue testing.  I was just curious because the Adobe team had said they'd consider adding this at one point.  So I thought that someone might have already tested this portion out. I guess I'll give it a go and reply back to let folks know.

Thanks!

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin thanks for raising this , the version of library we have supports responsive charts and looks like we have to make some changes to enable the the same for the user . At the moment we are tracking this request for CF 2018 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, because I just did some testing and it is not available for us to use.  This would be a game changer for us if you'd enable responsive charting in CFCharts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A while ago there was a thread where Adobe / Zing Charts  stated that the coldfusion license which includes zing charts allowed you to use the version of zing charts directly with the CF license file (the reference is a bit old so don't know what the current status is: https://www.stphnwlkr.co/zingchart-licensing-update-exciting/).

We decided a long time ago that relying on the CF UI components was a bad idea as they are not updated regularly (if at all) with the underlying JS libraries they depend on so it's a far better option to leverage the license you have and go direct to the library rather than depending on the CF wrapper to it. Same has been said many times for CFGrid, CFPod etc.

Anyway would be useful if Adobe could re-iterate allowable license usage for this very handy library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation