File not found: index.cfm

New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a new ColdFusion 9 install on a CentOS server with Apache 2.2

I applied the 9.0.1 update.

The install is Standard, not Enterprise.

I can access the admin at /CFIDE/... perfectly.

The problem is when I try to access the first domain I have setup on server, where I installed ColdFusion on Wheels. When I type (using example instead of real domain) www.example.com or www.example.com/index.cfm, I get a ColdFusion error screen saying that it cannot find index.cfm . But index.cfm is there.

I checked ColdFusion logs, and I have noticed that apparently, somewhere, two single quotes are being appended to the file name.

This is what I see in cfserver.log:

05/14 09:28:47 Error [jrpp-140] - File not found: /index.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: /home/folder/folder/index.cfm''

(with those two single quotes in the end. The file, without the single quotes, exists. The path included in the log file is the real valid path)

From application.log:

"Error","jrpp-140","05/14/12","09:28:47",,"File not found: /index.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: /home/folder/folder/index.cfm'' "

Here at application.log it is more obvious that two single quotes seem to be appended to the index.cfm file name.

Can any one help with this? Could be these quotes the problem, and if so, where do I need to change? Any help with this will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: adding text from exception.log in case it helps

"Error","jrpp-146","05/14/12","10:24:18",,"File not found: /index.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: /home/folder/folder/index.cfm'' "

coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found: /index.cfm

at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:97)

at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)

at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)

at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)

at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)

at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)

at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)

at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)

at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)

at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)

at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)

at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)

at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)

at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)

at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)

at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)

at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)

at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this problem and will leave the solution here in case it helps someone.

It was a permissions issue.

This server has cpanel. The account files are stored at /home/account/public_html folder.

The folder belongs to the account user, and nobody group.

I added coldfusion user to nobody group, and also to the account user group.

Then restarted coldfusion (without restarting it didn't work).

And now coldfusion finds the index.cfm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to teh OP for posting his solution.

I was running into this on a fresh server install and just adding ColdFusion to the nobody group and restarting ColdFusion fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please can you do it with print screen i am beginner CF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation