• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting error message: "Could not determine OpenOffice installation" when using the CFDOCUMENT tag to convert a DOC file to PDF ?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get the error message "Could not determine OpenOffice installation"  when I call  CFDOCUMENT tag to convert a DOC file to PDF format.

The the path of the OpenOffice installation (/opt/openoffice4/) is correctly  set in CFADMIN - Document. I am still receiving the same error message though

The OS platform is Linus RH 6   (2.6.32-504.23.4.el6.x86_64)

Coldfusion version : 10,282462

Any idea/tips about this issue

Thaks in advance

Othmane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that I can think of (and I'm new to Linux, myself) is the most common problem I encounter when running Linux - permissions!!!  Make sure that the CF user account has permissions to that folder.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback .. I've checked the permissions either on Solaris & Linux without success.. I suspect a wrong java class path or a missing library of stuff like that !

Actually I've fixed the problem by Configuring "remote OpenOffice"   instead of Configuring 'local OpenOffice'. The two existing  ways to set OpenOffice at the CF server administration console. 

Concretely we need to follow the next steps:

1- Install OpenOffice package.

2- Start the service Manager of OpenOffice at the server level by using equivalent  command: 

'/opt/openoffice4/program/soffice' --accept="socket,host=your_host_name,port=9000;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager"  --headless --nologo --norestore &

4- Check that the instance of OpenOffice is launched: "ps -ef  | grep -i openoffce"  or  "netstat -an |grep 9000" 

3- configuring  through the Administration console of CF: Server Setting --> Document -->  the remote server parameters:

Remote Host: your_host_name

Remote Port: 9000

result: It works like a charm !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the instructions.  I do not currently have/need OOo, but might follow your tips just to see if I can get it to work.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation