• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed CF 2016 standard on El Capitan 10.11.6. Once I had CF installed I installed OS X server 5.2. I originally tried installing OS X server prior to installing CF but every time I would receive an error when running the connector after install. By installing OS X server after installing CF I was able to get the connector to run. OS X server works with Apache. I believe OS X ties into the pre-packaged installation of Apache that is included in El Capitan but I am not 100% sure.

The issue I am now having is that when a place .cfm files in the root directory it shows the text rather than running the code. I checked the apache server.xml file and it appears the root directory is the default CF wwwroot. I placed the website files in the root directory and still only see text instead of running code.

I have full access to the CF Admin panel, and can change any settings, so I am pretty sure it installed ok.

I am not real knowledgeable with running terminal.

Is this a connector issue? Or is there something I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

Could you please recreate the connector and check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reconfigure the connector without reinstalling?

I renamed the connector file to allow it to run the connector config again... The following are the results.

Running the ColdFusion 2016 connector wizard

======================================================================

Configuring the web server connector (Launched on the first run of the ColdFusion server start script)

Running /private/etc/apache2 connector wizard...

===============================================================

There was an error while running the connector wizard

Connector installation was not successful

If the connector has already been configured, rename the script cfusion/bin/cf-connectors.sh to prevent the connector from configuring again.

===============================================================

Configuring ColdFusion 2016 to start on system init.

Creating the ColdFusion 2016 start script /Library/StartupItems/ColdFusion2016/ColdFusion2016

mkdir: /Library/StartupItems/ColdFusion2016: File exists

Install complete

============================================================================

Start ColdFusion as "./coldfusion start" to run ColdFusion as non-root user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

It seems that the connector already exists. Could you please remove the existing connector and recreate it again using the wsconfig utility. (Coldfusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to run wsconfig I get the following...

Last login: Tue Nov  8 13:06:53 on ttys001

/Applications/ColdFusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin/wsconfig ; exit;

insmn:~ cveldhouse$ /Applications/ColdFusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin/wsconfig ; exit;

Error: Could not find or load main class com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try uninstalling the trial version of CF 2016 and install an older version. Hopefully this is an issue with 2016 and not all versions. Maybe I will wait to upgrade until the next version comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears this is an issue with CF16. I was able to install both CF 10 and CF 11. For now I will install my lic version CF 10 and see if future versions are more reliable.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation