• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<cftextarea> Richtext not working

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using ColdFusion 10.   I setup a <cftextarea> with richtext="yes" the correct code for the richtext toolbar.   The screen works on my PC in IE, Chrome, and Firefox.   In a demo for my dozen testers I could not find a single screen where this <cftextarea> with richtext="yes" that it worked on.  The text area was may an inch.   I did some digging and found issues folks logged from CF 8 but nothing new so I was thiking this was a bug but now in Version 10 it's been taken care of.   Also found a reference putting in the "AjaxOnLoad" command which I tried by placing the command after the closing </body> and before closing </html>.   I have tried IE 9 and IE 10 and Chrome but as far as users go it's not working. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You mentioned that it is working fine in your machine?

Test the code mentioned below in different browsers during development

<cfform>

<cftextarea name="broadcastContent"   enabled="Yes" toolbar="Basic" toolbarOnFocus="No" visible="Yes" style="height:200px; width:1500px;" skin="silver"  richtext="Yes">  This is a textarea. </cftextarea>         

</cfform>

If this did not work, then go to : C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\scripts\ajax\FCKeditor, open fckeditor.js (first take a backup of this file)

Change the value in line 307  with this

var sBrowserVersion = navigator.appVersion.match(/MSIE ([\d.]+)/)[1] ;

Restart ColdFusion 10 service and then test the behavior.

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the HTML tags, namely, <html>, <body>, etc. Does cftextarea then work as you expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience this is always related to the Compatibility View setting. In IE make sure "Show Intranet sites in Compatibility view" is unchecked. This may also be controlled with a meta tag or an IIS custom header so look for those as well.

X-UA-Compatible reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution worked for me, and in my opinion is cleaner than relying on the outdated version of CKEditor shipped with ACF.

Inside the head tag, before everything but the title tag, add:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7">

<script src="https://cdn.ckeditor.com/4.7.0/standard/ckeditor.js"></script>

Next replace cftextarea with the following:

<textarea name="yourFieldName" id="editor1" cols="10" rows="80"></textarea>

<script>CKEDITOR.replace( 'editor1', { toolbar: 'Basic' });</script>

I had to set the compatibility tag to "IE=10" on one page using a frameset, but otherwise encountered no other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation