Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Performance Monitoring Toolset Datastore to a different drive

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed Coldfusion 2023 Performance Monitoring Toolset with the default settings in drive C in a Windows 2022 Standard Server.

The drive is becoming full, so I would like to move the Datastore to a different drive.

How can I move the PMT datastore to a different Windows drive  ?

Alberto S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

I really thought Adobe had created or added to a doc page discussing that, but I'm not finding that right now. Perhaps they or someone else will offer that link.

In the meantime, note first that the docs DO talk about archiving or managing/deleting the data (even on a schedule), at https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/performance-monitoring-toolset/configure-coldfusion-performance-monitoring-toolset-settings.html

Second, you may well find info online about moving an elastic search datastore (w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really thought Adobe had created or added to a doc page discussing that, but I'm not finding that right now. Perhaps they or someone else will offer that link.

In the meantime, note first that the docs DO talk about archiving or managing/deleting the data (even on a schedule), at https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/performance-monitoring-toolset/configure-coldfusion-performance-m...

Second, you may well find info online about moving an elastic search datastore (which is what the pmt uses). And I'll note that there is also a lot of useful config info on the PMT that may help you, here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/performance-monitoring-toolset/deployment-guide.html

Let us know how things may go. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have manually deleted old indexes, and enabled the data deletion schedule. I was not aware of these options.
Charlie, thank you very much for your recommendations and the links provided.

Regarding the procedure to move the elastic database datastore, it should be complemented with instructions to update the PMT configuration files. I agree with you that it would be very useful if Adobe provides the instructions to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can afford a brief interruption in service, you can use generic Windows tools to move from one disk to another using NTFS junction points or symlinks. To create a junction point:

- stop the services using the files you want to move

- use the junction.exe utility to create a junction as described here: Junction - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

- start the services again

- write all this down somewhere!

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a nice tip, thank you Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy steps(windows);

• Add new volume/hdd, create datastore\data and datastore\logs folders
  • Stop the PMT and Datastore services
  • edit datastore\config\elasticsearch.yml
    • add line: path.data: X:/datastore/data (do note the forward slashes, and don't forget to uncomment the line (remove #)
    • add line: path.logs: X:/datastore/logs (do note the forward slashes, and don't forget to uncomment the line (remove #)
  • Move original datastore\data + datastore\logs folders to the new location
  • Start PMT and Datastore services
  • Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation