• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CF10 Install coesn't see any updates

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a new CF10 install (Standard Edition, 64 bit, Windows 2008R2).  Everything seems to work ok (Admin screens, etc).  Except that when I go to Server Updates > Updates to do the updates to the fresh install, and click on Check for Updates, it comes back and says "No updates were found."  I have 2 other CF10 systems, and each of them has no problem seeing that there is an update waiting.  Not seen this before - in the past a fresh install would immediately have the full list of Available Updates waiting to be installed.

Any ideas?

thanks

Reed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Reed, you don’t say what update you show this CF to be on. That’s kind of important to the question. Besides looking in the “available updates” tab, what do you see in the “system information” or “settings summary” pages of the CF Admin? If you’re on update 15, then you’re set. That’s the latest. I realize you are saying this is a new install, so you’re presuming there are no updates installed. What updates are installed depends on the date the installer was created. There was an update back i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reed, you don’t say what update you show this CF to be on. That’s kind of important to the question. Besides looking in the “available updates” tab, what do you see in the “system information” or “settings summary” pages of the CF Admin? If you’re on update 15, then you’re set. That’s the latest. I realize you are saying this is a new install, so you’re presuming there are no updates installed. What updates are installed depends on the date the installer was created. There was an update back in 2013 that pre-installed I think up to update 8. I don’t think there’s been a new installer for CF10 recently that pre-configured update 15 (there is a new installer for CF11 that preconfigures its update 3). But let’s start with confirming what you do or don’t have.

The next thing would be are you sure the server on which it’s running has internet access? If not, then it doesn’t show any because it can’t reach the server to tell you there are new ones. In that case, if you must use a proxy to get out on that server, you can configure the proxy settings for CF to allow it to use that. Let us know if that’s it and I/someone can share more info.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie - I should have mentioned that the version it shows is 10,282462.  That's the "original" version number from the initial CF10 release I believe - it doesn't have the additional number for the update level imbedded in it. I used the same download for this install that I had pulled a while back for one of my other CF10 servers - did not think of pulling a fresh copy from Adobe for this install.  I also verified that Internet access is working - was able to PING adobe.com and other sites with no problem.

I'll look into doing a reinstall with the latest download from Adobe, and see if that help.

thanks!

reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, but I would not expect that to be the answer (simply installing with the latest available installer). Again, I don’t think any CF10 installer has ALL the updates. I was just pointing out how some past installers had SOME updates and others had none. You would seem to have had the original one, that had none, but the one form 2013, which at least had some (and also included the “mandatory update” which was required in 2012 and 2013, until that new installer came out, and is still required if someone is running CF installed with that original installer and tries to add updates beyond 7, I think.)

So anyway, I think we REALLY need to get to the bottom of your inability to get an update.

I’d propose next that you turn on your browser’s “developer tools” or “inspect element” feature (each of the major browsers calls it something different). The point is that you can watch network communications and see if even pressing the button causes a request to be sent back to CF. Or maybe you’ll see that here’s some unexpected Javsacript error.

Indeed, a very common problem people find (though you didn’t mention it) is that they find on that Server Updates page that they do NOT see the tabs across the top for “installed updates”, “available updates”, and “update settings”. In that case, a tool like the above would help you see that there are 404 errors happening for parts of the HTML content that CF has generated to render those tabs. A common problem is that the CFIDE/scripts folder is being blocked, perhaps as part of a security update that was not done completely correctly. (Some read the lockdown guide and do some steps but not all related to this.)

Anyway, again, before elaborating, let’s hear if you observe that or anything else related to the above. You may also want to check your CF logs (all of them that show being updated today, not just the application.log) to see if ther eis any error reported as being related to this. (There would be none related to the problem in the previous paragraph, though. That’s completely a browser error, not a server one.)

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reed,

Don't know why for not downloading however there are some work around.

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/hotfix_015.jar

You could try manually download (link above) update15 then place JAR in ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates and run update from within CFadmin.

Since your other CF10 can download you could copy hotfix_015.jar from those.

From CF10 fresh install to update15 you might be better off to apply update15 manually:
-CMD prompt as administrator
-ColdFusion10\jre\bin>java -jar ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hotfix_015.jar
-follow the graphic interface

Remember some updates increment the IIS connector so may need to run ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\bin\wsconfig.exe as administrator to apply new isapi_redirect.dll. Be mindful if workers.properties has customised settings when using wsconfig.exe tool.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie - just closing the loop on this - thanks for your initial analysis.  It turned out that there were in fact firewall rules that prevented port 80 traffic from passing through.  Once the network guys fixed that, the updates started working.

Thanks again, plus thanks for all the other tidibts that were in your answer!

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation