• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to clear cache: experiencing difficulties with cache clearance.

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clear the template or component cache, the changes I made in the respective files are not showing. Upon inspecting the page, I see the following:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 115608.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Hi @mrleo4356  

please ensure that the Trusted Cache setting is not checked in CF Admin. If the setting is checked, it will not allow you to see the code changes in the file. Added the screenshot for your reference. 

PriyankShrivastava_0-1712577935667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

A question, just to be clear. When you say, "the changes still aren't reflected after clearing the cache.", do you mean that ColdFusion still brings up a cached copy of a file even after you have cleared the cache?

If so, then the cause might indeed be as you say: CF 2023 might be unable to remove or replace caches saved in CF 2018.

Did you apply Priyank's suggestion? And did you restart ColdFusion after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Document Object Model (DOM)  error from the browser, hence client-side. I would not expect it to have any impact on what happens at the server. So I don't think the error has any relation to ColdFusion's caching behaviour.

But, having said that, I am surprised that the 4 <input> elements share the same ID. So, just to be sure, I would suggest that you check ColdFusion's logs. Do they contain any warning or error about caching?

For the record, what is your ColdFusion version, Edition and Update level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not showing any error about caching in the log. What it does show is-
"User admin cleared the template cache"
"User admin cleared the component cache".

And I just upgraded from CF2018 to CF2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mrleo4356  

please ensure that the Trusted Cache setting is not checked in CF Admin. If the setting is checked, it will not allow you to see the code changes in the file. Added the screenshot for your reference. 

PriyankShrivastava_0-1712577935667.png

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, but the changes still aren't reflected after clearing the cache. Could this be due to an upgrade issue because I just upgraded from CF2018 to CF2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question, just to be clear. When you say, "the changes still aren't reflected after clearing the cache.", do you mean that ColdFusion still brings up a cached copy of a file even after you have cleared the cache?

If so, then the cause might indeed be as you say: CF 2023 might be unable to remove or replace caches saved in CF 2018.

Did you apply Priyank's suggestion? And did you restart ColdFusion after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrLeo, does this problem remain? Beyond your considering recent replies from others, I have some different thoughts/questions for you:

• What is the file extension of the file that's not reflecting your changes?
  • Do you have cf debug output enabled? That would allow you to confirm that the url you're requesting is indeed loading the file you're expecting. There are reasons those might not match, unexpectedly
  • Consider that your BROWSER may be doing the caching, not cf.

And there are several ways to check for that last point:

• you could try visiting the url in question in another browser
  • Or in the incognito or private window feature of your browser 
  • You could use your browser dev tools, and its "network" tool, and its "disable cache" feature

Let us know if any of those help (or not). 

Finally, addressing a suggestion bkbk made--and before you may give up on this as "some cf bug", I can't fathom any way that "CF 2023 might be unable to remove or replace caches saved in CF 2018", as the engines run in different processes, using their own folders (and the ones holding any saved template compilation are not migrated in any way when implementing a new cf version on a machine having an older one).

If instead somehow your problem is resolved, please let us know what the issue was. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mrleo4356 , thanks to Charlie's remark, I shall now add an explanation. My thoughts about a possible connection with ColdFusion 2018 are as follows:

1.  I am not thinking of a residual effect that 2018's engine or settings have on 2023. Instead, I am thinking of application files and settings that you may have imported from 2018 to 2023.
  2.  I take your upgrade remark to mean the following: files that were cached in 2018 are still cached in 2023. That might happen after you move or copy application files or settings after the upgrade. If that is indeed the case, then clearing the caches could help.
     Priyank has already made a suggestion along these lines: clear Trusted Cache in the ColdFusion Administrator. Nevertheless, I would suggest that you go even further and clear all the caches. In particular, you should uncheck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's see what MrLeo may have to say in response to all our ideas. And I see 2 replies were marked as "answers", shortly after your reply here. They are Priyanka's and yours. What's odd is that MrLeo had already said that Priyank's answer had not worked for him.

So was this him or you marking those as answers? Again, it would be great to hear from him to know where things stand. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation