Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page time out

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using coldfusion 10.

Have a page which import data from a txt file to database. 

It was reading and importing perfectly earlier. 

Recently, it is showing request timeout after 10 minutes. Records expected to process was around twenty thousand. 

File had no changes, so is that happening 

due to any server settings configuration changes?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. You tell us. Did you make any server settings configuration changes? Did you make any other configuration changes, including updating Java? What, if any, were those changes? How recent is "recently"? How long did it take when it was working? What's in your log files, if anything?

If the file didn't change, why did you have to import it multiple times?

Don't take this personally, but I've been watching a lot of murder mysteries lately and it seems like I have to dig through the clues when you could just tell me more about the situation, and I'm not Poirot or Columbo or Inspector Morse etc.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, let me clarify. 

t's customer server in which developer has limited access.
Since it was year end, it's been code freeze and no changes were done for past one month.
Apart from that , customer side resources were on vacation.
<span;>Tested last Tuesday and was able to import and process 20,000 records within
30 - 40 minutes.

After two days,  it is going timeout by 10 minutes.
No file change seen in the commit log.

Would like to know what are the possibilities for a cf page to go timeout after 10 minutes so that investigate accordingly?

Or  Any chance for  automatic cf updates affect this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you ask the service provider those questions I previously asked you. They should be able to give you a better answer than I can. Beyond that, it sounds like an administrator changed the timeout settings.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you share the code that is taking 10 minutes?

In any case, there is something you could try.:

• Go to the Server Settings page in the ColdFusion Administrator and increase the value of "Timeout Requests after" to, for example, 900. That is equivalent to 15 minutes.
  • Go to the Request Tuning page in the ColdFusion Administrator and increase the value of "Timeout requests waiting in queue after" to, for example, 900. That is equivalent to 15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation