• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC and/or Dreamweaver CC Update?

Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of a good reason why the Createive Cloud updater requires that ColdFusion service be shutdown to install updates to completely unrelated programs - unrelated other than by the parent company? It's pretty annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that myself. I would agree with you that there would seem no connection at all (and I'd not expect the shared parentage to even cause it, myself).

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie%20Arehart, it only happens to people who have ColdFusion installed on the same computer with which they're using Dreamweaver.

I admit, it is annoying.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still some ColdFusion code support inside Dreamweaver.  If you have ColdFusion (likely Developer Edition) on the same machine, it might be requiring the service be stopped to make sure it can update some stuff inside ColdFusion's WEB-INF folder (I seem to recall that there were some integration plugins that get installed that allowed Dreamweaver to interact directly with CF Server via RDS or otherwise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It still seems strange. That would indicate that there is Dreamweaver code in the ColdFusion service. Sounds scary to me. It's just annoying. Almost as annoying as Adobe Creative Cloud requiring you to re-sign in every two weeks or so. But that's a thread for a different forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation