• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protection against cyber attacks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our website has been getting alot of direct calls to pages that require parameters that are hidden. The requests are missing the parameters and so the page fails since the parameter is not defined. I was going to just define all undefined parameters but that whould just hide the original problem of the site is being Hacked. I would rather log that the page was requested without parameters and then redirect the call to a "page not found" as if the page did not exist. I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Any Ideas or other solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

There are many things to look at when trying to protect a web site.  For the situation you've described, you could check to see if the required paramets are present and, if not, use CFHEADER to give the 404 Page Not Found error.

<cfif isDefined(“myVar1”) AND isDefined(“myVar2”) AND any-other-verifification-you-need IS true>
	<!--- Process page normally --->
<cfelse>
	<cfheader statuscode=“404” statustext=“Page not found”>
</cfif>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many things to look at when trying to protect a web site.  For the situation you've described, you could check to see if the required paramets are present and, if not, use CFHEADER to give the 404 Page Not Found error.

<cfif isDefined(“myVar1”) AND isDefined(“myVar2”) AND any-other-verifification-you-need IS true>
	<!--- Process page normally --->
<cfelse>
	<cfheader statuscode=“404” statustext=“Page not found”>
</cfif>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Take help from the nearest cyber security department if you find out a website is being hacked. I think this is free service. 

Did you make sure all these things were done well?

- Create strong passwords

- Use Multifactor Authentication

- Secure Internet Communication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Marie!

This is a programming forum, and you've provided something that probably isn't relevant to CF programmers, I think. I recommend you think about "how this will be understood by developers" when you post something. Most developers will be working on TLS sites that use HTTPS. Their sites may use multifactor authentication already, but they probably can't enforce MFA use - that's often up to designers and architects rather than developers.

Note that this is not intended as a criticism, just as a piece of advice.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Terry26564135miig , how do the hidden parameters get passed to the page? That is, in which scopes? This information helps in finding a solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation