Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If have some code that sets multiple Locales -->

<cfset currentlocale = SetLocale("English (Canadian)")>

<cfset currentlocale = SetLocale("English (UK)")>

<cfset currentlocale = SetLocale("English (US)")>

In-between these different settings I have #LSCurrencyFormat(GetTotal.TotalValue)#

This displays the currency and the appropriate currency sign.

The question I have is how would I do this for Europe as I now have a need to support Euro's

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Introducing the LSEuroCurrencyFormat tag.  This should help, I hope.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it didn't work. It is inheriting the last SetLocale, so if I setLocale to UK I get a pound sign, if I set it to US I get a dollar sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. maybe submit a bug ticket on that.. it's _supposed_ to include the Euro symbol if the locale is set to a country that has adapted the Euro.  Did you use all three arguments?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used #LSEuroCurrencyFormat(GetTotalEUR.TotalValue)#

Looking on here there does not appear to be an argument that would display a euro sign

ColdFusion Help | LSEuroCurrencyFormat

I've just played around a little and it looks like I could make it work with this

€#NumberFormat(GetTotalEUR.TotalValue,',___.__')#

I had to put the € side outside of the numberformat, if I use this it would crash

#NumberFormat(GetTotalEUR.TotalValue,'€,___.__')#

It was happy with a $ sign inside the numberformat but not the €

The ,___.__ seems to format fine no matter how bit the number I get the required comma's as well.

It would have been nice to do it with the correct LSEuroCurrency, but it looks like mission accomplished

Edit: Should be €#NumberFormat(GetTotalEUR.TotalValue,',.__')# to remove a space between the currency sign and the value, but still display two decimal places and commas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the help page, there isn't a 'mask' argument, so that shouldn't work.

Parameters

Parameter

Description

currency

Currency value.

locale

Locale to use instead of the locale of the page when processing the function

type

• local: the currency format used in the locale. (Default.)
  • international: the international standard currency format of the locale. For example, EUR10.00
  • none: the currency format used in the locale; no currency symbol

I was thinking along the lines of: #LSEuroCurrencyFormat(GetTotalEUR.TotalValue,'English (UK)','local')#

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that won't give the single euro sign. I edited my previous message while you were posting, the solution above seems to do the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be sent to Adobe Tracker.

If you are using JDK 1.4 or later, then perhaps the LSCurrencyFormat() will work.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am CF2016 with the JDK 11.0.2

Adobe tracker is for bugs? Not sure how to submit.

LSCurrencyformat does not seem to contain a euro symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://tracker.adobe.com is for submitting (and searching) bugs.  This, I think, qualifies as a bug.

I'll try it on my DEV environment.  What value is GetTotalEUR.TotalValue returning?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any value had the same results, but it looks like it's possible as above using Dutch to get the euro sign, but you get a space, the numberformat works better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with "1.234,56" and was told that cannot be converted to a number.  When I tried it with 1234.56, it works as long as I set French (Standard) as the locale, but it puts the Euro symbol _after_ the amount.

<cfset SetLocale("French (Standard)") />

<cfoutput>#LSEuroCurrencyFormat(1234.56)#</cfoutput>

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case the number will also be a real currency value, so I'd never have 1,234.56 as a value from the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/ACS+LLC  wrote

Looking on here there does not appear to be an argument that would display a euro sign

ColdFusion Help | LSEuroCurrencyFormat

If you copy the example from that documentation page and paste it into https://cffiddle.org/ and run it, you will see it does produce a euro symbol, but it has a space before the number much like you found with the numberFormat() function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, and see that if a local such as Dutch is selected you get the euro sign, as you say with a space.

I've just modified and tested various scenarios with my numberformat version and it seems to work fine with no space.

I think it's good enough to mark as the right answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation