Exit

Track changes with excel document created with Coldfusion

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if it is possible or not.

I generate and Excel document with ColdFusion 10.

I would like to activate the "Track Changes" with Coldfusion or how can I activate the track changes automatically?

Is it possible or not?

Thank you in advance for your support

Best regards

André

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, André,

I do not think this is possible.  I have looked over all of the functions of SpreadsheetNew() and related functions, and I do not see anything, anywhere, that mentions this is possible.  I also believe that cfspreadsheet cannot help with your request.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I thing so. Now, My idea is to use a template with the track changes already set and (via coldfusion) add the pages with the result.

In that case, how can open the template and add a page ?

Thank you

Best regards

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

André

All Spreadsheet functions in ColdFusion can be found here.  Basically you would read your template and save it as a variable; this is your spreadsheet object.  From there you can add sheets, remove sheets, input data (values or functions), format the output, and save it as a different .xls or .xlsx file.

I much prefer using the spreadsheet() functions in cfscript over the CFSPREADSHEET tag.  But there are many ways to do it.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation