• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading CF build

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed via bug report 3198902 that there is a performance issue with the ExpandPath() function in CF 10. This issue seems to be resolved in CF 10 build 282570 as mentioned in the report.

I recently installed CF 10 build 282462. How do I upgrade the build?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CF10 build is also 282462. CF10 updater says there are no updates available. Curious, Carl

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. Where is the new build? When will it be released? This expandpath issue is completely killed my application as it depends on a framework that uses quite a bit of expandpath.

Am I supposed to keep downloading the installer from Adobe and reinstall everything over and over to check the build number? HELP ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps use CF10 Server Update > Updates

Notification 

Check for updates every N days 

If updates are available, send email notification to  noreply@domain.com

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Yes! checking the CF 10 server updates section in CF 10 admin is a better approach.

HTH.

Rg,

spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not likely to see an update for months so in the meantime CF10 is useless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CF 10 will be coming out with Hotfix 1 soon. So we need to wait and watch, whether this is addressed in that or not.

HTH.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. Where is the new build? When will it be released? This expandpath issue is completely killed my application as it depends on a framework that uses quite a bit of expandpath.

Am I supposed to keep downloading the installer from Adobe and reinstall everything over and over to check the build number? HELP ADOBE!

Just to be clear, "build" != "release".  Just because they've fixed something and committed it (the build number is likely to just be the source control revision number), doesn't mean it's been packaged up in a hotfix yet.  There is - unfortunately - no indication on the bugtracker UI as to which hotfix / patch / updater a given fix is in (or will be in).

Adobe are notoriously slow at reacting to issues like this (compared to Railo or OpenBD), so you just need to stick with CF9 until they get their act together.

Not great news, sorry, but it represents the expectation levels you need to set.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUst a note: this is apparently fixed in in the updater that was released y/day.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Adobe has offcially released the CF10 Hotfix 1: http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion10-update-01.html.

There have been some important fixes being released in this update. So, please go through the smae.

HTH.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For interested readers details after applying CF10 hotfix 1:

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, the Update screen refers to this updater as CF 10.0.1, but CF itself still considers its version to be just 10,0,0,282462 (from server.coldfusion.productversion.

I'm not sure if that's a cock-up in the updater text, or a cock-up that the server version hasn't been updated.

[googles some stuff]

Seems it's a bug in the updater in that it doesn't update the CF version.  Adobe refer to this as "10.0.1", so the version should have been changed to reflect this.

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-update-1-10-0-1-released

I can't find anything on the Adobe site itself refering to the updater. Not a single mention.  Nor can Google.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that it's particularly helpful to this situation, but I've knocked-together a quick blog article about (and inspired by ~) this: http://adamcameroncoldfusion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/which-version-of-coldfusion-am-i.html

I'll report any feedback I get about this there.  And here, if I remember.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the help I gather all CF10 updates will be cumulative hot fixes. So maybe the version will not increment? Perhaps the Update Level will be the best indicator of patch level?

Help ref:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Admin/WSe61e35da8d318518-33adffe0134c60cd31c-8000.html

Traditional (CF older? 7 8 9) cumulative hot fixes would not alter the version number where as updater would.

I guess to add to the confusion some installers were released that installed the CF with version incremented. Eg: CF8.0.1 installer.

There is also the CF10 > System Information > Update Level displayed twice. One says 01 and another ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000001.jar. Wonder why both would be called Update Level displaying different details that perhaps mean the same thing?

Perhaps we (CF user people) are simply confused with old terminology that has new meanings?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This blog is helpful:

http://www.krishnap.com/2012/09/coldfusion-10-hotfix-update-installer.html

Couple quotes that answered my questions:

Does my Build number change after applying the Update?
No. It won't change. The new Update Level field shows the Update Level Number.

Is the Hotfix Cumulative?
Any Hotfix is cumulative of all the previous Hotfixes.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This blog is helpful:

http://www.krishnap.com/2012/09/coldfusion-10-hotfix-update-installer. html

Couple quotes that answered my questions:

Does my Build number change after applying the Update?
No. It won't change. The new Update Level field shows the Update Level Number.

Yeah, I don't find that acceptable, to be honest.  They don't get to release 10.0.1 and then not bother to do the work to make sure CFAdmin and - more importantly - the server scope reflect the correct version number.  It's either 10.0.1 or it isn't.  Not half and half.

I'm gathering people's thoughts about how this ought to be dealt with.  If you can be bothered, pls head over here and do the survey.  Cheers.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I have a stance yet to respond to the interesting poll care of Adam.

Would you want the CF build number incremented if say the next update / hot fix was purely Java 7 support (currently Java 6 version 1.6.0_29) or newer Tomcat bundle (currently 7.0.23.0)?

Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I have a stance yet to respond to the interesting poll care of Adam.

And fair enough too.

Would you want the CF build number incremented if say the next update / hot fix was purely Java 7 support (currently Java 6 version 1.6.0_29) or newer Tomcat bundle (currently 7.0.23.0)?

No.  But then again that sort of release would not be described as an "updater", nor would it be described as "10.0.2".  It'd just be a hotfix.  They do releases like this fairly frequently.

Adobe has a prescribed policy about how version numbers work, given a certain level of "release" (be it a hotfix, hotfix roll-out, updater, major release etc).  And an "updater" means "the version number increments". They've taken the time to document this for their clients, so they must actually mean it.  the CF team have chosen to ignore this because they couldn't be arsed doing the work to increment the software version (this is basically their explanation in that blog post you linked to above).

At the end of the day, what server.coldfusion.productversion returns is neither here nor there, and is a pretty trivial glitch.  I actually don't care about it.  My concern is more that something so fundamental (and fundamentally simple, surely?) was just not done to save them some work.  That's a slack attitude.  And when challenged on this they thought an adequate response was "yeah, well we actually meant to do that" (this is what Rupesh said when he closed the bug ticket as "not a bug").  This doesn't mean it's not a bug.  It means they willfully and purposely created a bug.  And then basically "bragged" about it.  I can't describe my reaction to that and still remain within the terms of use of these forums.

ColdFusion isn't some "built in your basement" software application, it's a very expensive enterprise application which Adobe charge like a wounded bull for.  So there are minimum levels of care, diligence and competency that the client-base should expect from the development of said application.  And in situations like this, they're not demonstrating it.

That is my concern.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will be updating the build number properly to reflect the change along side update level in a subsequent patch (we might release a critical update in between where this problem will not be fixed becuase we dont want to hold a critical update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF10 HF2 applied. System Information says:

Server Product  ColdFusion 
Version  ColdFusion 10,282462 
Update Level  02 
Tomcat Version  7.0.23.0 
Edition  Standard   
Update Level  /D:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000002.jar   
Adobe Driver Version  4.1 (Build 0001)   
Java Version  1.6.0_29 

So no change in build number.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I reckon y/day's patch was already in QA before this topic came up.

I'm intrigued that a security hotfix is being referred to as an updater, and supposedly increasing the version number (at least in its description, if not in practise).

Adobe ColdFusion team: you need to read (AND FOLLOW) your company's own guidelines.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post CF10 Mandatory Update > System Information says:

Server Product  ColdFusion 
Version  ColdFusion 10,282913 
Update Level  02 
Tomcat Version  7.0.23.0 
Update Level  /C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/hf1000-3332326.jar   
Adobe Driver Version  4.1 (Build 0001)   

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version  ColdFusion 10,282913 

Well at least the build number changed this time.  Even if the minor version is still wrong (whilst completely absent here, it's present in the server scope as 10,0,0,282913). That said, with the nature of this particular fix, I understand how they might have wanted to get it out the door ASAP, without dotting the Is and crossing the Ts.  Although if they augmented the build number, surely it'd be the same amount of work to sort out the minor version too, and to actually display the thing correctly in CFAdmin.

NB: for the sake of completeness, I checked how CFX7-CF9 deals with this.  On those, it's exactly the same number cited in the server scope as on the info screen, ie: the full version number, eg: 7,0,2,142559, 8,0,1,195765, 9,0,2,282541.  It's almost as if they went out of their way in CF10 to change CFAdmin to break it.  Odd.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has CF10 Update 3 been retracted? CF10 Update 3 seems to have disappeared from :

http://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates which currently shows update 1 and 2 plus mention of needing mandatory update.

Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

CF10 Update 3 has been rolled back. CF engineering is working on fixing some of the issues and will release it soon.

Stay tuned.

HTH.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation