• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will upgrading from CF9 to CF10 fix cfpop with Office 365 TLS problem?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently have CF 9 and have an application that uses cfpop.  We are upgrading company mail to use Office 365.  I was able to get cfmail working with Office 365 no problem, but cfpop is not working I believe because of the Office 365 TLS requirement.  If I upgrade to CF 10, will the new cfpop feature of "secure="yes"" enable cfpop to work with Office 365?  I do not want to upgrade at this time if that will not fix our problem.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I would suggest updating to CF11, this post may outline a solution to help you around your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  CF10 added SSL support, and I know it will work with Gmail accounts as I have found threads of others using it for Gmail successfully, but I cannot find anything about Office 365.  I have CF10 on another server and started playing with it there, but no success so far.  Get the error:

This exception was caused by: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: outlook.office365.com, 995; timeout -1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect. <br>The error occurred on line 1. /admin/cheryl/emailtest.cfm

I will try the javascript though.  Cant upgrade to CF11 right now as the host and Plesk don't support it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find this post outlining the proper settings in the cfadmin (CF10) for using Office365. If you can try that on that CF10 server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send email through cfmail just fine via Office 365, I just cannot access using cfpop.  Trying to determine if the cfpop feature "secure" ADDED in CF 10 fixes the Office 365 connection issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update - I still could not get it to work on CF 10 using the secure attribute, but I did get it to work on CF 9 simply by inserting the exact 5 lines of code from this post - cfpop and gmail | Anuj Gakhar  So, not upgrading for now - will probably wait for CF 11/plesk compatibility at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plesk had decided to no longer support CF above version 10.

I don't know what type of server you are running (windows or linux), but I was in the same boat, trying to move from CF9 to CF11 on a windows 2012 platform.

I was able to install CF11 with plesk 12 on my server pretty easily, and its been stable for a few months.  I posted my procedure here:

Plesk config to leave Coldfusion 11 alone | Odin Forums

The one downside is that if your in constantly changing ISP environment, adding new clients and domains, you will need to run the coldfusion web connector for each iis website you add (rather than just clicking the "coldfusion support" checkbox in plesk).  That and the absense of the ODBC connection manager is about all you lose.

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation