• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printer profiles missing for Epson SC-P800

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic printer profiles seem to be missing when I am trying to print to the Epson SC-p800. I selected Photoshop controls printing. Only a few paper profiles show up. The basic ones such as Premium Luster, Glossy, etc. don't show up only 3 for legacy papers. The luster one was there only a few weeks ago (before the holidays - I used it). Last night I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled the driver software but that did not fix the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Hi

Did you select Photoshop controls color?

this should provide you with a list of all the ICC printer profiles on your system

Epson puts them in some hidden folders, but normally Photoshop can "see" them.

You may be able to find the profiles 

Are you on Mac or PC?

If PC, sounds like you may need help from Epson's support team

Here's some Mac tips, just in case photoshop can't find the Epson profiles:

Missing Epson profiles in Photoshop on Mac

I had to search for these myself on a client s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you select Photoshop controls color?

this should provide you with a list of all the ICC printer profiles on your system

Epson puts them in some hidden folders, but normally Photoshop can "see" them.

You may be able to find the profiles 

Are you on Mac or PC?

If PC, sounds like you may need help from Epson's support team

Here's some Mac tips, just in case photoshop can't find the Epson profiles:

Missing Epson profiles in Photoshop on Mac

I had to search for these myself on a client site once, took me quite a while, but, hey, means I now know how to find them

basically they are in the 

hard disk/library/ printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/ [inside a “package”]

Not the username/library/ 

Pasted Graphic1.jpg

in ICCProfiles (see above) is a folder, e.g:  Epson Stylus Pro 4900_4910.profiles

you right click on it [or control click] and select "show package contents"

A contents folder appears

Now look inside that in  the ”resources" folder. 

see screen shot below

they are the icc profiles used in the Epson driver [driver colourmanagement], 

SO don't move them 

but you can copy them to your normal ICC profiles folder which is in the system library

[ computer name/hard disk name/Library/Colorsync/Profiles ]

Pasted Graphic2.jpg

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You really helped, although I still understand what happened. Yes I had selected Photoshop for color management. But I could no longer see a list of the "basic" epson photo papers, such as premium luster, glossy, etc., and that was a puzzle, since I had used them to print back in December. I had found them in the "package" that you showed me but I did not know what or how to use them.

Earlier I had booted up an old Mac laptop I have that isn't capapble of the latest OSX  versions due to Apple's system requirements. It has PS on it and it can communicate with the SC-P800. The profiles were there in the PS dialog box. But when I went to the colorsynch folder they were not listed there either but somehow PS knew where the profiles werre. There must be some sort of broken link.

Thanks again and I did give you a like - I'd give more if it the adobe community system would allow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My profiles 'disapeared' after doing a time machine restore when upgrading my Mac.  These directions solved my problem, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a simlar problem.  Made ICC Printer Profiles using X-Rite i1Studio, saved to the Color sync/Profiles folder, but they will not appear in the LR Color Management, "Other " window so I can select them and add them to my dropdown list of Profiles.

I sent a profile to X-Rite, and they said it was a usable profioe, so the problem seems to be with either Mac or LR displaying the list properly.

Any suggestion on this?

New iMac, 10.14.6, Canon PRO-1000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helped me tremendously thank you sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! So helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

thanks, glad I could help

So - you have now copied the profiles to the main Colorsync folder and its all working again I hope? 

You can now see the profiles in the "Photoshop Manages Color" option list?

Yes there is some kind of hidden link from Photoshop to that "package" but it seems it doesn’t always work - as you found when writing your original e-mail.

If you're OK. now perhaps mark my previous as "correct answer" please.

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! It worked, and saved me quickly from pulling out my hair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Why on earth would EPSON do this? What a scavenger hunt this was for me. I kept on reinstalling the printer drivers and occasionally that would work but then POOF they were gone for no apparent reson. Very helpful NB_colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think Epson use that hidden folder, so that the profiles are protected from users who may delete them when "tidying up". The link to Photoshop normally works but as you discovered it's not entirely reliable.

Can you imagine how long it took me to find those profiles hidden away there!

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very helpful. I tried to download profiles from Epson, but they only offer a few legacy papers, etc.  I had no idea where to find them. I still have some hair left. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moonphoto

whe the printer driver is installed Epson's profiles are placed as I described above, you can copy them to the "normal" icc profiles folder so Photoshop can see them, but please do NOT move them

more on that here

https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/where-are-my-icc-profiles/

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been dealing with the same problem, but I haven't found the profiles for the SC P800. I followed your directions, but the files you mention are in my Library folder, not in the HD Library. I'm on a MAC running Catalina. I had to switch to "Printer Manages Color" in PS and turn on "Epson Color Controls" in order to get the color I exspected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.  This issue drives me crazy!!!  I lose my profiles then have to download the Epson setup software and reinstall every time I update LR or PS.  All fixed now...have the profiles in Colrsync.  Permanent fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much. I was pulling my hair out and could never have traced this. It works like a charm once Lightroom Classic CC is restarted.  Epson's support page was no help at all, and when I tried reinstalling their driver package, it crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks so much for the easy to follow instructions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thanks, nice to know it's helping

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent - clearly written help - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx, good to know that we could help

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neil barstow, excellent answer about copying the profiles to the correct location!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, great to have your appreciation,

it took me a while to work that one out so wanted to share it.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. All the profiles except one show up in my printer's list now. Sadly, the one that doesn't show up is the main one I use for everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download ColorThink and run profile repair, that may solve the visibility problem.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not paying $400 to fix something that, up until now, has never been an issue and shouldn't be an issue anyway. Adobe and Epson should sort this crap out since I've already paid ( and continue to pay) them plenty of money over the years. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines