Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any chance exporting video ?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any chance export video in recorded contents ?

Thx.

TOPICS
Meetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

If you are asking if you can export a recorded session, then yes..simply choose the 'make available offline' option and it will download as a .SWF file

Webbo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are asking if you can export a recorded session, then yes..simply choose the 'make available offline' option and it will download as a .SWF file

Webbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx dude. but it's poor quality.but i can export. thx for answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also download a recording of a meeting by using the foo.zip method. you must have admin or be the host of a meeting to have the privs.

check this thread http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/viewtopic.php?id=2347  there are others on the subject.

just know that the audio and video will be 2 different flv files, but quality of the video will be like the original.

I use a desktop recording application to record the playback to a swf, mp4 or mov.  you can use Adobe Captivate or Techsmith's Camtaisa. there are also a few opensource apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i have admin perm.

i tried foo.zip method but i can't.

my test link:

http://hostip/meetingroomname/output/foo.zip?download=zip

"foo" whats name ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzy,

URL should be some thing like

http://connectservername.domain/recordingURLorName/output/foo.zip?download=zip.   so foo.zip can be any name ( in the Connect docs you can search for foo.zip that is why i call it the foo.zip method) like name of recording.

this will take the output folder of the recording and download to a zip file, this zip file contains all the content that make up the meeting room that was recorded minus any uploaded content like PPTs or PDFs.  so it will contain the desktop share, video, webcam, audio.  Again the audio will be in its own FLV file.

this does not replace the offline of a recording, meaning the video and audio again are 2 files that you would have to put together with timing.  that is i suggest recording the playback using Captivate (swf) or Camtasia (mp4)

you are right about the offline method not being great, but that can be adjusted.  it does a screen scrap method to a file as it is playing back, so if you want a better file, then you need a great video card and horse power.  do nothing else. Max the playback, collapse timeline so that only the recording is seen.  then when you play it back, set it to playback half the size.  also this offline file is also an FLV file.

hope this makes sense.

if you need more help, i will be offline till sunday night US time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an administrator in Adobe Connect. When I click "Make Available Offline" for a recording, I get a pop-up that says, "You do not have permission to access this item." How do I remedy this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure the video is marked as 'public' then choose make available 'offline'. if that still doesn't work check the actual meeting the recording relates to..is it only viewable to certain individuals? Try making the meeting 'anyone with this URL' can join and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, I checked all that.

Here are some screenshots...

adobe01.PNG

adobe02.PNG

adobe03.PNG

adobe04.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your self a Host of the meeting room, then try again. The public/private setting shouldn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines