• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a method to increase font size in Adobe Connect session?

May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k screen on my laptop.  Websites scale fine but when I am in an Adobe Connect session, the scaling is way off and the font size seems to be something like .5 pt, if that.  Is there a way to increase the font size of the Adobe Connect sections?  Changing resolution on my laptop does not fix the issue.Capture.JPG

That is the resolution I get no matter if I am at 3840 x 2160 or 1024 x 768.  It is too hard for my shared screen to be read by others.

TOPICS
Meetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

That's it! Using the .exe.manifest fix (http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/) on FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64(32 if on a 32 bit OS)\Macromed\Flash and then opening in Internet Explorer works! The scaling works on my 4k screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows applications aren't all that friendly with 4K resolution yet... There is a setting you can change that adjusts the audio scaling of items in the control pannel under display. Play with that and see if you can find a setting that works. As I recall with my wife's Lenovo Yoga with a 4K monitor, that setting helped with some applications and not on others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually had great success with other software using this fix: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/g

The thing is, I can't seem to find an actual .exe file for Adobe connect to use it on. I tried adobeconnectaddin.exe, but it only fixed the scaling on the loading window. Does anyone know if there is an actual Adobe Connect .exe file that this fix might work on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try applying it to Adobe Flash Player, the application that Connect runs in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what the .exe file is for Adobe Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Windows\SysWOW64(32 if on a 32 bit OS)\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work... but great idea! If it's not FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe, I wonder which .exe it is that runs Adobe Connect....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have FlashPlayerPlugin_19_0_0_245.exe and FlashUtil32_19_0_0_245_Plugin.exe

It would probably be worth testing them all as the different browsers would use the different plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have either of those on my system... Is it possible that those are Firefox plugins? I only use Chrome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the ActiveX one is for IE/Edge, the other one is for Firefox. Chrome has it's own Flash Player that it managed and updated by Chrome. I'd have to use the Google to identify where it lives. Since you have the ActiveX one, and applied the settings, do you see an improved experience using IE/Edge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Using the .exe.manifest fix (http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/) on FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64(32 if on a 32 bit OS)\Macromed\Flash and then opening in Internet Explorer works! The scaling works on my 4k screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a slightly old thread but thought to update, for those trying to get it to work against Adobe Connect.

That executable is in your roaming profile folder, so if you do a search for %APPDATA%\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin (%APPDATA% is a TEMP variable for whatever your current user's AppData folder is, otherwise you can navigate manually to C:\Users\<<username>>\AppData instead) you will find the adobeconnectaddin.exe file. This is what really needs the manifest file.  The only issue is that it seems to zoom a bit TOO much - like it's doing double instead of 1.5.  I wish I could adjust that, but I can live with it as is.

Doing the manifest file for Flash never worked in Firefox.  Just doesn't work.  Not sure why.  My guess is that Firefox is going through an NPAPI dll and I don't have the patience to go hunting for it.  Flash scales correctly in IE, Edge and Chrome.  That's fine for me - Edge is what I'll use for work related plugins, Chrome for everything else.

But sharing this to try and help others for Adobe Connect at least.  Hope it's helpful/useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm. Can someone translate this for a non technical person? I teach using Connect. I use Chrome (but can switch if necessary).  I have this porblem. I will PayPal someone $20 if they can talk me through this step by step!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I asked in another forum and got an Adobe response!

"There is a known issue with the meeting Add-in that is causing the user interface (menus, etc.) to appear very small on certain displays. We will be releasing an update to fix this in the next few weeks. In the mean time, if you don't need to share your screen, you can force the meeting to open in a browser instead of the Add-in. Simply append "?launcher=false" to whatever meeting URL you have. This will use the Flash Player in your browser to run the meeting instead of the installed Add-in application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines