• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac and Adobe user from ages (I'm a graphic designer with 20+ years of professional career on my back) but I'd really appreciate the possibility to have Adobe CC on Linux too since Windows is not a viable solution for me in ANY case.
A lot of people who cannot afford (or do not want to use) Apple devices would happily subscribe to CC on a Linux platform. For example I'd like to buy a 15" convertible pc (nothing similar on Mac universe at the moment, and the iPad pro is still not a computer --> different OS, different screen sizes from what I would love) but I'm not making the move because I hate the idea of working on a Windows machine. Plus on Windows CC has a lot of troubles with Wacom, WinInk and so on.

Guys at Adobe... really... loads od people is asking from so long and we're in 2020. A lot of pro users will gladly use your product on Linux. 

For Linux lovers and Adobe users: shall we start a mass petition? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020, like why no linux support already. Good grief. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who has worked (or currently work) for gigantic corporations will understand why.

When you watch documentaries like "Super Size Me", and "Super Size Me 2"  it all makes sense.

Research more about "blackballing". 

If you ever had or run a medium size or small size business you won't stand a chance of surviving  in this game.

I see people talking about two major players all the time when in fact is not just two software companies; it is also whoever is in bed with them too (government, pahrmaceutical, tobbacco , educational institutions, mainstream media, marketing and advertising giants, and the list goes on).

On top of that, also research about about 9 Eyes and 14 Eyes. See what really happens between your ISP's and whatever you so called secured VPN service is all about.

As a matter of fact, I would say people are lucky to still have a webchat that somehow keep all of us under  the impression that one can speak freely and promote Linux like if your own personal life won't get affected.

Put Linux in your resume and see what happens in job interviews. See if you really gonna be hired that quickly , unless you mix it with some other flashy  cloud product names like Sharepoint, Azure,...yari yara, blassi blassi.

In short, 20 years ago my own relatives and acquaintances used to mock my inclination to support Linux and the Open Source movement.

And 20 years later, now Google has their own Linux kernel which actually support Creative Cloud apps . They only support ARM  architechture with their Android OS.

And Android OS, and even CrhomeOS  are forks of the Open Source Android xf86 project, which has ISO images available for different type of PC desktop architechtures that you cam install in old and new hardware.

I've also been reading  a lot of the Adobe Acrobat SDK documentation and you would be surprised how much Linux support is actually documented there for developers.

Is all a matter of time until some sort of event make people realize they had enough and start rioting in a  "Linux Lives Matter" type of fashion.

For those of you who have struggle finding a job that only deals with Linux, I would openly say that is kind of discriminatory if you think about it. Which is ridiculuous because thanks to learning Linux I've become better in Windows and unix-like OSs. Not the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Linux Lives Matter"

love it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have said all... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you listening to our voices yet? It's 2020 and we want Linux support.  We're even willing to PAY YOU FOR IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most people are aware Adobe make Creative Cloud for Apple and Microsoft products, besides the fact it is ironic you call "Cloud" something so dependent on a kind of hosting hardware/software. People are just not ok with this. As a Mac user, I know the efforts of Adobe to make it available for a large range of machines - new to very old. So it is strange not heaving Cloud at list for popular Linux distros as Ubuntu and Debian, all Unix like systems. Apple is making a mess with a new System before to do the previous work right, with a new not friandly hardware with people struggling to survive a global pandemic - surreal. Microsoft, on the other hand, keep Windows that is more like to celebrate the 90's than to work professionally! Linux is an alternative more than ever, I don't know what Adobe is waiting for...

By the way, macOS in a Virtual Box will work a bit slower but is a fine alternative, but in this case I will advice to install Mojave instead of Catalina, much more stable and run that old but useful 32 bit app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ironically, MS Windows sometimes performs better and  super more secured when ut is run in a virtual box that is hosted in a linux computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC is the only reason I don't drop windows altogether. Every day I become more frustrated with the lack of linux support and I'm always on the lookout for open source options; FOSS solutions aren't quite there yet, but they are hot on Adobe's heels, and they will catch up. I dropped Ableton for Bitwig for the same reason. Modern linux distros are becoming so beginner friendly that more and more people are switching to distros like Pop! OS, Budgie and Elementary. It's time to add linux support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!

Finally a Linux user who knows Pop! OS.

It even installed and worked pretty well for me in an old MacBook 2010 (not just PC's).

Makes Gnome desktop environment looks like it's on steroids.

I'm gonna get me one of those Merkat  meer3 mini computers from System 76.

If I am not wrong, their firmware is also open source.

So you can flash with or even workaround with your own open source BIOS.

https://system76.com/guides/meer3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys you can even pray for it, but with their business model about Microsoft and Apple and 2 percent Linux, they won't do it.... Period... I am a Linux and open-source militant, and the money and the partnership is higher, than you think..... So for now... And like for many years to come.... If the Linux desktop becomes the revelation, don't forget that Microsoft Market share from the beginning the king... And they will do the impossible to stay always on top.... Because also is a Spyware os

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words... They don't care.... 

And to pay development for an 2 percent market share Linux.... You know the answer.... 

... Instead of that start learning from

Gimp, Inkscape, krita, gravit, kdenlive, olive, scribus... YouTube is your friend for the tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there future plans to make it done? Please don't repeat what you've already said.

Please talk about Adobe's future releases and features. As an Adobe employee you are aware of that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Please talk about Adobe's future releases and features. 

There's no way they're going to do that in a public forum. They're a publicly listed company so that kind of info is a closely guarded secret and governed by regulations. Even shareholders are only told so much. The only way to get that info is to join the Adobe board of directors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to get that info is to join the Adobe board of directors.

one assumes there is an IQ test to pass for that job? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arjun, please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html so that you can always be kept up to date regarding the current requirements to utilize Adobe desktop software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's again, a no as response to Adobe migration to Linux, the type answer "we don't care", we already have our quote $$$, and even with that... You continue to beg for it.... Get yourself free starting the hardest way, but at the end of the day you will be satisfied with the result, you are slave of yourselfs, continuing arguing and asking.... You've notice that the response for your request, is always similar... 😵

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a school license and my time at school will decide whether I find Adobe products good enough to buy into once a leave.

So far I'm loving it, but realising that I can't use Premiere on my Ubuntu desktop has kind of pissed me off. The Linux market is being destroyed by the lack of app compatibility and Adobe is one of the biggest offendors.

Not cool, adobe, not cool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reality check time.  If you work in the film / TV industry which is the Premier Pro target user group, I guarantee you won't be on Linux equipment much longer.  Don't blame Adobe for what the industry does. 

Freeware for Linux might be more your speed at this point.

https://www.tecmint.com/best-free-video-editing-softwares-for-linux/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines