• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets, public link not working.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been having a recurring problem with the public links not working, it regularly results in a "this page is not available" message.

Unzipped files seem to be ok: Adobe Creative Cloud

But not zipped ones: Adobe Creative Cloud

This has only started since I updated I think (Version 4.2.0.211), until recently it has always worked flawlessly, any ideas?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue but a little different. You can get to the page but you cannot download any public shared file. Once you click download it ends up with various errors. I do not have any zipped files, but the files effected are larger than 1gig. Earlier in the day the link itself would not work, but that seems to be resolved leaving the download issue. I have tried several computers and the client also is unable to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ;Dooley,

I know we had some kind of storage outage about 10-12 hours ago but I think that is resolved now. Are you still seeing the error if you share a file which wasn't shared previously or if you stop sharing and create a new link for files which were giving the error previously?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through all the steps you outlined including the following:

deleted public link and added a new link

deleted the file and then re-uploaded

uploaded a different large file

tried multiple computers and all of the normal browsers

I also tried to download on mobile which I use frequently to test out crappy speakers ;D

The client also tried multiple times and could not get the download to work on any of the larger files. I was having issues early this morning with the link being broken, but that has been resolved. It is the download feature that is giving me trouble. A few additional notes:

I have a file folder with smaller files below 1gig and they will download. The issue seems to be happening on the larger files. I know that it was working the last time I checked which was probably a couple weeks ago. I did notice that the mobile and client side window is different so assume an update has occurred on the server side. I have received a few different errors throughout the day, one is "503 error timeout on first byte", also "the file cannot be found on the server", and the weirdest behavior on Edge where it tries to download the file except it appends ".txt" and thinks it is downloading a text file but then throws a this file cannot be downloaded error.

I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details and testing. I've passed on details to our engineering department to further investigate, hopefully we can get it sorted soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David, can you have someone get a hold of me as I was promised a callback from support after being on the phone for hours and no one has responded. I am still get this error on firefox and on all other browsers it also does not work:

Error 503 first byte timeout

first byte timeout

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-ord1723-ORD 1506040888 3085135254

Varnish cache server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Customer support is a nightmare.  Obviously Adobe problem.  Contacted multiple times over a week or so, and no help what so ever.

Clients can't download.   Seems to have been a problem for years.  Service help is terrible.  NO ANSWER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another addition to the issue. I keep notes on computer issues and happened to look at them last night and noticed an entry regarding the crearive cloud that had completly slipped my mind. I was having a very similar issue a little over a year ago and I ended up getting a call from one of your engeneers directly. They had stated that something had happened to my account on the server and they had to  adjust my account on adobe's side to get it working again.

It had slipped my mind because at that time your support process was much different and it was resolved in a matter of hours not days like this time. Is there a record on adobe's end that references old support requests? If there is my bet is that the solution was noted. Any chance you can take a look David_B?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave_B btw you are not included in that last message regarding customer service. You have been doing a great job helping me out. I sent the info you requested through twitter. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major issues for me also sharing public links to files from CC:

Re: Why the 'unknown by' title and my user name displayed for shared links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, have you happened to try any large 1gig ot over files? Just curious to see if you are seeing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried a large file, same issue. The file is re-named during the download from CC shared link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anything has been changed but the .zip files seem to be working now for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use shared links for peeps to 'see' the artwork and comment on it within the browser, like a PDF artwork or PSD file.

The zip file method won't help me and my team of 22 peeps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dooley,

I requested someone from support to contact you. I was able to upload larger files but they were uploading slow. I wasn't able to reproduce the error 503.

IRESS Marketing UK,

I was able to reproduce the issues with the collaborated files name being listed as unknown and having the file name changed to a long string of characters when shared and downloaded. I've reported both issues to the engineering team and know they are working on addressing them.

Personally, I was seeing issues with slowness and issues with pages appearing "Page Not Found" or showing as "temporarily unavailable". It often would load if I refreshed the page. I know engineering is actively working on getting all these issues addressed as soon as they can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for continuing to work on this. I was on with chat for hours this morning and they were unable to get it to work as well. One file miraculously started working again but then failed a few minutes later making the rep think it was my computer.

Again I really appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully your chaps will find a fix soon, until then I have to use alternative sharing platforms.

I did have contact with one chap from Adobe Support who controlled my screen and saw the issue. He gathered up a log and he tried to grab the files via the screen control system, but this crashed every time. I have tried to email files but they are too big... I have his email but won't display here. He has replied but with no alternative solutions of how to send log files to Adobe, I would CC but public shared links don't work

Currently I have nearly 44 people across my global design team with major issues with public shared files with CC.

I'm not happy with the extra work this issue has caused for my team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one from 'support' has contacted me.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas when Adobe engineers will fix this major issue with sharing public files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the fix going... it's been nearly a month now and I'm not seeing anything changed...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I'm no longer seeing unknown myself when I share a link to a collaborated asset. Does it occur for you for all files including a newly shared file?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave B.

I have the same problem. I would like to create one public link to a 3GP file, no chance... It is no mime file...
Is there any solution?

Best regards,
Dorothea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly two months and it's still not working properly.

I had contact from these two chaps (listed below) from Adobe (both remotely logging in getting log files etc) who promised to get in touch with a fix but never did.

Gurdeep Singh <gusingh@adobe.com> and Akash Dwivedi <akdwived@adobe.com>

The total lack of any kind of support is utterly astounding, and I have team account with Adobe CC.

A truly terrible CX from Adobe.

Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been experiencing issues with Public files on the cloud. I am getting the "Unkown" message with a generic page icon (screen grab attached). These are not large files, 100-200 mb .WMV files. I just noticed a peculiar thing while viewing the creative cloud files via web browser:

When viewing a list of files within a folder, and select or check the box next to a particular file and use the link at the top of the page that says "send link", I get a certain public link for sharing. BUT... when on the actual page for that particular file, on the right side it lists a "Public Link " - and it shows a DIFFERENT link.

The l link i initially had copied, which worked at first but no longer works, is the same link that appears on the page.

Now when i test the link from the file list, that one works.

Screen grabs attached for reference.

Why is it giving two different public links for the same file, and which should work/ should be shared?

AdobeCloudPublicFile-Unkown.PNG

file list link: works

AdobeCloud-FileList-SendLink.PNG

Page public link: doesn't work

AdobeCloud-FilePage-PublicLink.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the file links were working this morning but now they aren't. Still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines