• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk Add or Name Change to Library Items and other questions.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something but...

Why isn't there an easy way to bulk add assets or colors (or whatever) to adobe libraries?

It is crazy to me that you are not able to do this, easily. I know that photoshop can create various assets from the document. But a color palette for instance, if you don't build out your palette in PS then you have to copy/paste as shape layer for each color. What the!? Or you need to add all your colors individually—WAIT, WHAT!?

Why not just be able to select multiple swatches from AI, ID, XD, e.t.c and be able to add colors? It literally makes 0 sense. 

Why can't you tab through to rename or be able to bulk find/replace if you need to rename 100 different colors/assets? You have to click each one...huh!?

Also, why doesn't the layer/swatch/item name follow through each place you add it. E.G. If I name a color primary-XXX from XD and pull that into AI swatches why not keep the same name so it's easy to find? 

So many questions on usability issues or maybe I just don't know how to use the software anymore after years and years and years of using it.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so rarely use Library assets except for Adobe Fonts, it's not something I think about much.  Feel free to submit your feature requests where the product engineers will see them.  If enough people agree with you, it might get added to the road map.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't used it so much either, but I keep hearing how amazing it is to have all your assets in one spot where you can access them from the different software you use for better workflow. So, I thought I'd give it a go and really try to use it and ended up searching for probably a collective couple of hours over the last couple of days about how to do what seems like really basic things. Needless to say, I didn't have much luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines