• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you selectively sync files for Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my laptop I only want to sync specific folders or files with Creative Cloud. On my Desktop I want to sync all the files between both devices. Dropbox has a feature that allows you to select which cloud files to sync per device, can I accomplish this with CC?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Unfortunately, no. The file syncing is currently an all or nothing option. But it sounds like a great feature request to have that added. Could you post some documentation from Dropbox on how this is controlled by the user?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would love to see this feature added. I have some devices with more limited storage so I don't want to sync all files. It would even be nice to just say sync computer A but not computer B to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here to see if there was an update on selective sync for creative cloud folders and was disappointed to see that apparently no progress has been made in this. 

If anyone has an idea about how to escalate this to the development team I would be happy to lead the movement. I guess for the mean time I will just hae mto delete all these files from my laptop and stop syncing all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you make DropBox work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused by  your question? Are you asking how to make the Selective Sync work on Dropbox? If so you can look up "Selective Sync Dropbox" and there are instructions on how to use it on any computer that has the Dropbox app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

With all the .pdf files being Synced or Backed Up to the Adobe Cloud & Photos & everything else being Backed Up (or synced to the Google Cloud) why bother with Dropbox? Really, I'm not trying to pick an argument, I just don't bother wasting my time. You know?   Barry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe abandoned selective sync? I have as a secondary device a laptop on which I am quickly running out of disk space. My space problem would be solved if, just like MS OneDrive, only files you want at any given time are synced to that device. It seemed like they were considering it several years ago, but the associated links are gone:

"please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 404: Page not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 years later, still no selection what to sync. This is embarassing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 YEARS FOR SOMETTHING SO BASIC!!! Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary workaround would be to move the local Creative Cloud Sync folder location into one of your other "selective-sync" folders (i.e. OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually tried this? If so, did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 8 years down the road and we still have no form of selective sync. If (as I have) you've been added 300 GB worth of folders with various teams in your organization, your local machine better have that amount of storage free at all times, or sync will break. The only control the user has is to leave a project entirely.

This is a glaring, embarrassing gap in Adobe Creative Cloud. It's a solved problem on every other file sync service. The last official response we have here is from an Adobe rep eight years ago asking us to "post some documentation from Dropbox on how this is controlled by the user" which is frankly insulting. We're not here to walk Adobe through fixing what's broken. 

I think the issue here is that CC file syncing is bundled with CC software access, so it doesn't matter to Adobe whether users use it or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe employees relatively rarely respond to anything in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why wouldn't you use selective syncing per @clancaster1210 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe because I'd rather not experiment on crucial client files with an untested hack using two separate sync services in a way they were never designed to work.

Again, selective sync is a crucial feature that every other cloud sync system uses but which Creative Cloud has not seen fit to develop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's inconsistent.. you either have confidence in those other cloud services or you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proposed "workaround" was to put a folder trying to sync with one service inside a folder trying to sync with another service. I don't have time to explain to you why that's quite problematic, and I find your responses argumentative and unhelpful. I will thank you to stop responding if you have nothing else to offer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, the essence of the user suggestion is to use a different sync service that works the way you expect.

trying to coordinate two sync services when one of them (adobe's) is problematic, would be (as i think you're trying to assert), foolish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, and even so, this is still a badly missing feature from Creative Cloud. Our team may well end up doing just that -- but that entails additional expense we must incur because Adobe isn't keeping pace with its competitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bottomline for me: adobe's cc file service leaves a lot to be desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines