• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create a public link !

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've placed several PDF files in the same folder and sent out public links to them.  Normally using "   Send Link" from either the corner (▼) menu of the document in the folder view, or the Share menu of the specific file's view, will in fact make it public the first time it is invoked, and give me the link to copy.  I see a recent change to the dialog box added some other option switches, so the problems might have to do with the recent changes.

For a few days I've had a problem where I use the "   Send Link" menu item to get the link again, and it states that it's private (which is wrong) and doesn't provide a way to change the status in that dialog, which is not normal; this happens after the page has been in the browser for some time, and reloading the page fixed it.

But now, I have a new file that I cannot share at all.  I've tried reloading the page.  I've tried logging out and back in.  I've tried to find another way to change the status (the Access property under the Details view for the document) and still it only complains that it's not public, and does not make it public nor provide any way to change that.  Existing (already public) items behave properly, as described in the first paragraph.

Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to the specific forum

-A program would be Acrobat or InDesign or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already posted under "Creative Cloud", which is the service (not a program) in question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to edit my posts here.  But allow me to add that I'm talking about the web page assets dot adobe dot com, which if I write out normally is automatically replaced with Adobe Creative Cloud which seems to confuse people as the product suite has the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very common for web links to be changed, and for re-directs to be put in place... so you  may enter xxx (dot) com and an automatic re-direct will send you to xxy (dot) com

I don't know if that is what is happening here, but that is a possibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm unable to replicate the issue, I tried adding multiple test pdf files within a folder and web page allowed me to make the URL public.

Have you tested this behavior on a different web browser? I used GC.

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines