• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question about the reappearing sidebar shortcut—how can it be removed, permanently? And no, I do not want to disable file syncing...I just want the shortcut to disappear!?!?!?!? This is ridiculous. No matter how many times I remove the "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut favorite from OS X Finder sidebar, it keeps reappearing every time I restart my computer. Nothing short of malware. Please advise and provide a fix please. This began happening with the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop for Mac. This should be a choice for users—not forced upon us. I rarely use Creative Cloud Files for much of anything, and I know where the folder is if I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer???  This extremely annoying   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I too am experiencing this nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here; I don't want Adobe messing with my sidebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is aggravating. It's like finding a small pebble in your shoe, stopping at a park bench and shaking the shoe until the pebble falls out. Then, walking on, only to find the exact same pebble has somehow rematerialized in your shoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same sh*t to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make it stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is driving my organisational OCD crazy. Please fix this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. Bloody irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Adobe, I'm begging you to stop trying to @#%@(#*&%!@(&% think for me.  That's the nicest way I can put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many threads and complaints about this do ADOBE need to come up with a fix?

MALWARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - this is horrible behavior. There is ZERO user value. I don't want 'Creative Cloud Files' constantly showing up in my finder, after repeatedly deleting it. Give me a break. Spend your time fixing other bugs and not making useless features.

I already bought your product - don't upsell me on my own computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another day, another deletion of the same insistently re-appearing Creative Cloud folder.

Hideous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a fix that has worked for me at least, restarted a couple of times and the intrusive, unwanted Favorite is gone from my Finder windows:

1. Remove the offensive Creative Cloud Files shortcut from the Finder window, just like you have to do every single time you restart

2. Make sure Creative Cloud sync is off (in Preferences). I also had it not even launch at login.

3. In the Finder menu, --> Go --> Go to Folder ... (or Command-G) and type in "~/Library/Preferences/"

4. Open the file com.adobe.accmac.plist, I used TextWrangler rather than TextEdit.

5. Find the line "<key>AHPreferenceFirstLaunch</key>", it was line 25 on mine

6. Change the line right below it from "<true/>" to "<false/>"

7. Save, exit, close all windows and restart.

Hope it works for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. O' how I was filled with hope!

But nope - the unfavourite reappears upon restart. The only difference is that I have CC launch at login. Otherwise the procedure was identical (even used TextWrangler).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back, the weirdness continues... on that one Mac that is running Mavericks my above fix continues to work after one more set of shutdown/restarts, but I have another Mac running 10.9.5 (whatever snow mountain lion leopard that is...) and I have never seen the CCF favorite come back ever, and its prefs file has that key set to "true"!. The only key not on the old one is that last one, "CCFNameOverride", but it doesn't sound like that has anything to do with it, I have a feeling a universal solution has to be in that prefs file, maybe try some other key settings... ADOBE PLEASE FIX !!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh aye, OS 10.9.5.578 is the lesser known intermediary minor sub-update 'Mountain Goat'. That was awesome, other than the bleat sound effects.

I had a gander at the prefs and my woefully untrained eye could see no other parameters to change. Fairly ridiculous we're having to root around in code simply to retain a tidy sidebar. Monopoly is a wonderful ting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the update. Ashley!  We'll hold tight until then and pass the word around that a fix is coming.

Yours very truly,

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool that the issue is/was under work, but the darn unremovable Finder sidebar item is still there with CC version 3.4.1.181.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply

Lol, that's a lie. You wrote this reply almost a year ago, and you still can't remove it from the sidebar.

Adobe is turning into a parody of itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 19, 2016...  ping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines