• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries - file does not exist / do not have permission etc.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble working with CC Libraries.

I open InDesign on my Macbook Pro and add a graphic to the CC library, use it in a document and save my InDesign file to my CC Files directory.

This is fine.

I then open the file on my PC and it tells me I have loads of missing links etc.  all due to graphics used from my CC Library.

I open my CC Library and I can see my graphics that I added but can't add them into an existing file, getting the following message:

"Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application"

My Macbook is off.

Additionally, when I add a graphic in InDesign from an open document on my PC to my CC Library, I can't then drag it back into the same open document I added it from.

The same error comes up.

I CAN however add that graphic from the CC Library if I try it on my Macbook Pro.

There is one key difference between my PC and Macbook Pro.

I am at work, my PC is connected to the College network via ethernet (all CC Libraries and CC seems to sync ok) but my Macbook Pro is connected to Wifi to a hub that is on the College network so has unrestricted access.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hi Helen,

I'd recommend embedding any link items within the library assets

In the 'Links' window of the ID, choose all that things need to be embedded > right click and click the Embed Link option.

taken from here: CC Library issues in InDesign

Also, renaming the Library in Illustrator seemed to help in some situations too

A problem with cc libraries "Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by an…

Hope those help,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Did you find a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I'm not finding a resolution here. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

I'd recommend embedding any link items within the library assets

In the 'Links' window of the ID, choose all that things need to be embedded > right click and click the Embed Link option.

taken from here: CC Library issues in InDesign

Also, renaming the Library in Illustrator seemed to help in some situations too

A problem with cc libraries "Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file...

Hope those help,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its proper infurating - tried restarting creative cloud etc. still does the same/ can't drag an asset into work area.

Here's my quick and nasty workaround:

In the assets panel

Right click your asset you cant seem to drag

Edit

Copy and then paste the asset into your work area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue file does not exist/you do not have permission...

I have Photoshop open and Indesign. I can drag and drop something from Indesign into the library panel and then the second I try and pull it back out of the Library and into the Indesign document I get the warning message. 

If I go to Photoshop, I am able to grab the same Library images and it works. 

I do not have a solution but it seems like it will only allow use of the Library from one application at a time. I know this is not always the case...other days I am able to use Library in both programs freely.

I've fixed it before by going to task manager and (CTRL +ALT +DELETE or R click bottom desktop taskbar in Windows) I manually end every Adobe task. There are usually about 10-15 random Adobe things running even though I only have 2 programs open. This helps when having trouble with PDF exports also (you have to make sure to end task and then restart task of "spooler")

These are not solutions, but some tips I've found for dealing with Adobe's infuriating quirks! Hope some of these things help...for whatever reason with Adobe there never seems to be one simple solution...usually just a laundry list of things to check in bizarre places... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got sorted- Basically the library needed to be rebuilt. Adobe remote support sussed it. Meant deleting the existing local library and, as you say above, quitting all adobe processes. Then allowing the CC updater to rebuild the library locally.

I'd not mess with it myself- get in touch with adobe suppport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines