• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries Issue

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company I work for is switching us to new adobe creative cloud accounts, but we have a bunch of indesign CC libraries that we created because our team shares them across the cloud. But from what I am being told, there is no way to transfer these libraries to my new account because my old account is the "owner" and once that account is closed (which it will be soon) we loose all of the libraries. How is this possible? I thought the libraries are stored locally and just synced through the cloud, so why are they not transferable?

This seems like a massive oversight that no info or settings are transferable across adobe accounts. I've moved jobs twice now and every time, I loose everything. Is adobe not aware that people are going to work fro more than one company their entire lives and businesses will loose employees with accounts that are tied to their files and workflow so they should make their accounts more transfer friendly so you don't have to loose all of your settings, info and libraries each time you have to get a new account? Many adobe accounts are business based so it seems ridiculous that there is absolutely no way to do this?! Please tell me I am wrong and there is a easy way to do it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

You can use the Send Link and Save to Creative Cloud features to copy libraries to a new account.

1. Go to a library you want to copy. From the Share menu select Send Link.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.34.32.png

2. In the Send Link dialog click the Create Public Link button.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.37.39.png

3. You will see a Public Link that can be opened.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.34.48.png

4. Open this Public Link in a second browser (or incognito window in the same browser) where you are signed in with your new account. Click the Save to Creative Cloud button. (Note that my screen shot does not have me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Send Link and Save to Creative Cloud features to copy libraries to a new account.

1. Go to a library you want to copy. From the Share menu select Send Link.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.34.32.png

2. In the Send Link dialog click the Create Public Link button.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.37.39.png

3. You will see a Public Link that can be opened.

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.34.48.png

4. Open this Public Link in a second browser (or incognito window in the same browser) where you are signed in with your new account. Click the Save to Creative Cloud button. (Note that my screen shot does not have me signed in to a second account - in this case clicking on the button will prompt you to sign in with an Adobe ID).

Screenshot 2015-06-16 14.35.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my old account gets deleted, will it also delete the libraries too though even if they have been link shared with the new account? Or will they be completely transferred and safe inside the new account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is perfect, it does give the new account ownership of the library item, awesome! Adobe support told me this was not possible and told me they couldn't do anything and I would have to create them all from scratch again, so this makes me unbelievably happy. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines