• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCLibrary CPU 100% and battery drain (MacOS)

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe. I bought subscriptions to Photoshop and Lightroom for a small business I'm running and I only use those software about once a week.

I have seen posts about this same CCLibrary CPU and Battery issue on multiple websites as far back as 2015 and there have been no clear solution whatsoever.

CCLibrary keeps using 100% of my CPU and leeching off my battery like crazy.

Nothing is syncing, I don't use Adobe Fonts, all Adobe apps are updated, I only use Adobe software maybe once a week, but it just keeps running at a constant 100%. I keep waiting for hours leaving my laptop on waiting to see if the process will do whatever it's supposed to, but no, it just constantly uses the CPU at 100% even after an overnight wait.

CCLibrary is literally acting like a malicious cryptomining software. I checked if it's just malicious software posing as CCLibrary but no, It's legit from Adobe.

Please provide a clear solution to this issue that has not been fundamentally fixed by Adobe. Thanks.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first:

kglad_0-1609080748380.png

next, open your cc desktop app>click file>preferences>syncing>take a screenshot and embed it in a replay.

next, take a screenshot of your cc preferences>services and embed it, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. The process CCLibrary uses 99.9% of battery and CPU on my 2019 MacBook Pro. The drain is so hard that I can't charge the computer while it's on. This is clearly not working as intended. For now I just quit the process out of the Activity Monitor just so I can keep the computer charged, but this issue needs to be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1631321205637.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines