• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud deleted items mirror my recycle bin?!?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I could delete a file from my Creative Cloud, and it would go into the deleted folder in CC. On my PC, it would be in the recycle bin only if I didn't shift+del the file. I could then recover files from the deleted folder if necessary. 

Fast forward to this new Creative Cloud desktop version. I logged in to recover a file only to discover files in there that had NEVER been in my CC. Files and folders that I had deleted from an external hard drive. Excel and Word files. HOW DID THEY GET THERE?? 

I've looked everywhere for a setting which would give/deny CC access to my PC’s recycle bin, but there is nothing. What makes matters worse is that I regularly use two PCs. My personal PC uses my personal CC account, and my work PC uses my work CC account. The files from the work PC’s recycle bin are showing up while logged into my personal CC account in the browser!!!! 

Who thought this would.be a good idea? Why is CC accessing my recycle bin? 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you stop using the Recycle bin as a repository for things you might need again. Create a Folder, someplace on your hard drive, to store these kinds of files.

Do you regularly throw stuff in your kitchen garbage can that you latter remove and use again? If not then stop doing that with your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that Adobe CC syncs your local bin to the cloud, except if the bins disk space is part of what needs to be synced. I would avoid that. 

If something is deleted it's probably not moved into a different repository but it get's simply flagged as deleted and a reference to the file is sent to the bin. It may well be that deleted files in the CC deleted repository are synced locally to the bin. 

There may also be a different handling as introduced by a Windows update recently. It's always difficult to asses where the different behaviour comes from.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what happened, but I ended up restoring a number of files back to their original folders, emptying the rest from the recycle bin, and then basically starting from a blank slate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines