Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not syncing to Creative Cloud Files Folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have been using Creative Cloud since the beginning, but I noticed this week that it is no longer syncing my desktop files to the cloud.

All my apps are up to do date, the icon is as it should be black and not greyed out.  When I click into the Creative Cloud, Sync is turned on in preferences, sync is activated in th files part, but when I click into the folder I see all my files, but no green ticks on the folders and no syncing

I have been using it for a long time and its been working fine until now.  I only noticed this week when some stuff I put into the cloud, never synced with my desktop folder.

I recently moved a lot of files and did a tidy up, but it was working fine after that and just stopped working.

Can someone please let me know what I cant try to get this working again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Billy

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

I delete the CoreSync database files and it seems to have solved my problem.

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Go to:

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync

And delete any file that has *.db (or a variation such as *.db-wal)

Restart the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the screenshot showing everything in order...

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 20.18.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same situation here. Working fine until this week and now dead as a doornail.

Everything appears normal -- no error messages, no crashes -- just not syncing. Not even trying to sync.

I'm runnning CC Desktop on 6 different Mac types and they are all doing the same thing -- nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.

Downloading and reinstalling the software doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ..... Earth to Adobe. Any chance of some help with this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue and its been nearly a month.  I would appreciate if Adobe could respond to our issue.

I was hoping that the recent update was a fix for this, but that has not change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some action over at this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6236596#6236596

I'm not holding my breath. I've had no response from Adobe from Twitter. Their customer service chat was less than satisfactory & bounced me back here. All I'm getting is corporate firewall.

Adobe, you need to lift your game because your support is severely lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe support is a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the cake is a lie"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like an answer too. I'm having exactly the same issue with files not syncing to Creative Cloud. I was working fine until recently.

Time to go back to Dropbox I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled Creative Cloud.

I've removed the opm.db file

I tried to contact support and got bounced back here. A response form Adobe would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem! But I get a "Some files were unable to sync" error after a while:

Capture.PNG

However, I found a temporary solution. I'm using Microsoft's SkyDrive (might be renamed it to OneDrive for new accounts). I have 25gb of space -- more than enough for my CC projects. You might only get like 8gb if you sign up now, but if you had a SkyDrive/Live/Hotmail/whatever account from more than a year ago, you probably have the 25gb.

There are a couple limitations of that, though. Individual files can't be above 2gb, and they have all sorts of restrictions on what you can upload, so if you're working with big video files or explicit things you might be SOL until Adobe gets this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with file sync. So that we can start investigating this issue, I'd be grateful if you could send me your CoreSync log files.

The log files can be found here:

Mac: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Windows: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\

The logs have the date in the filename, like "CoreSync-2014-03-25.log". Please compress (zip) all the CoreSync-2014-MM-DD.log files and email them to me directly at bmordue@adobe.com.

Note that the Library folder on Mac and AppData folder on Windows are hidden by default, so you may need to show hidden files and folders.

Please reply on this thread, or directly by email to me. Please don't reply on other forum threads, as that will make it harder for us to track the issue.

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

Looking through the forums. This issue seems to be more widespread than just looking at log files.

Could we possibly have a straight answer from Adobe when they expect file syncing to be alive again.

It's affecting a couple of projects we are working on.

Thanks

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I've emailed you the log files as requested. Hopefully there is a solution to this.

As Lee pointed out, this seem to be a widespread issue. I hope we have a solution that can help everybody who has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as everyone above. Creative Cloud Sync just stopped working on my Mac over the weekend. I tried logging out of Creative Cloud and logging back in, and now it doesn't even offer to synce my files.

If I boot into the Windows 8 partition on my Mac, Creative Cloud Sync is still "working", but continually switches between the status of "Syncing..." and "Some files failed to sync".

What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience while we investigated. A change has been made on the server which should address this issue.

Please quit the Creative Cloud application, then launch it again. You may see a message in the Files panel similar to "Updating file sync...". This should take just a few moments. When it is finished, you should be able to sync your files.

Please let us know if you are still unable to sync files after updating file sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as if by magic, sync starts working again. Didn't even have to relaunch. 🙂

Let's not do this again folks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, mine is now working too. Thank you Ben Mordue.

I agree with SS Admin, please don't let this happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just installed Creative Cloud on 2 computers, 1 is Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On the Windows 7 laptop, the install has gone well and I have been able to sync. The Windows 8 laptop will not sync at all. There are no arrows / ticks on documents as there are on the working laptop.

Any ideas? firewall?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a troubleshooting standpoint, the things that I've seen resolve issues related to a specific machine

•    Try pausing and resuming file sync

•    Try signing out of the Creative Cloud app and back in again, from the preferences using the Sign out button

•    Confirm you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed from the preferences, version 1.5.1.369

•    Try uninstalling reinstalling the Creative Cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. I uploaded files from my work computer, I see them on the web, but they won't download to my home computer.

At home I have tried the following:

- pausing and restarting sync

- quitting and restarting the desktop app

- uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app -> at this point, it is not even trying to sync even though I have a file in my home folder that has not been uploaded to the cloud. My two options are to Open Folder and View on Web. This same thing happened when I first tried to set up sync before the reinstall. The only way I was able to get the system to register that it might want to sync was to manually download my files from the web. All this managed to do was cause get it say it was Syncing... with the spinning circle, but it wasn't actually touching any of my files.

None of it has worked. I am also disappointed that the only mention of download in the help files is " Any additions, modifications, or deletions are reflected on all connected computers and devices." (from here) with no troubleshooting help should this not be the case.

At home I have Creative Cloud 1.6.0.393 on a Windows 8 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vkramer,

Thank you for the additional information.  Are  you running the same version of the Creative Cloud Desktop app on both machines?  When did syncing stop for you?

It would help if you could send a copy of the Coresync.log file, which you will find at:

Win - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

Mac - /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(On Mac, you need to use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

Please email this to me directly on djack@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. Please advise.

Thank you,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the issue was a duplicate Creative Cloud folder. I use a Mac so it's under the Macintosh HD/Users/Username

I have since stopped using Creative Cloud as my main folder of activity. I use an app called Sync Folders to push updated to the Creative Cloud.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines