• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Sync Very Very Very Slow

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the creative cloud sync. My boss recently moved over all our files from Dropbox over to Creative cloud. Before I had no issues. Now I am being given 3 hour or more syncs just for simple files. Please can some one help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Hi,

Have you ever uploaded that file to dropbox (even with a different name or from different location)? If yes, Dropbox has this optimisation where it detects if the file you are uploading has already been uploaded by you or not, if yes, it will not transfer the entire content to the cloud, it will just send the updated content for that file to the cloud and that is why maybe you are observing a better performance.

CC doesn't have this optimisation yet. This enhancement in sync algorithm is alrea

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation, where I'm trying to sync all my old photos.

As of now,  I have "Syncronizing 12663 photos". I wouldn't say I'm completely stuck, but it's painstakenly slows. 

When browsing the forum, one issue I can think of that cause this is that I have some pretty big video files in my gallery. Is there anyway to exclude these files from syncing to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to provide an update. I removed all movie files from Lightroom, and then the upload started again. I'm guessing the sync tool has a file size limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in slow upload hell for days now.

Noting the near complete lack of responses from Adobe, and their usual half-baked 'solutions'. Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, I can confirm that Core Sync is a process that is for an extended period of time (at least 15 minutes after every wakeup from standby, hibernate or power-off) taking up 20-something percent of my CPU capacity. What's worse, is that while Core Sync is running, also Windows Explorer is running at the unusually high 40-something percent of CPU capacity. This is unacceptable. I literally can't do anything on my PC until Core Sync is done and as a result Windows Explorer will wrap up (getting back to nominal percentages like 0% up to 2%). I mean, I can't open a browser window or any other application for that matter. Also, running at 100% CPU causes Windows itself to almost freeze (start menu becoming really slow, no chance of being able to open a Windows Explorer window).

There must be a causality here. Windows Explorer only runs at 40% or more if Core Sync is running. Once Core Sync stops running at 20% CPU, Windows Explorer goes back to 0-2% CPU. Please put this back on your backlog with priority. You can't just accept that your users have to wait on you product to finish until they can at all use their workstations.

Below it what it looks like, until Core Sync is finished.

jeroenr92072295_0-1595148869134.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been trying to download some work for the last 3 hours and it is taking forever. Photoshop update has been just released, so I presume that the servers are busy updating the world. Why does Adobe not separate Sync from program update??? We pay enough for a sub standard service. I now tell my clients to use Dropbox, but still have to pay Adobe for Sync, no wonder they don't give a stuff about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for me, I have seen the percentage drop after I ensured that the priority of the Core Sync process was set to "low". But now, for an extended amount of time, the combo Core Sync/Explorer takes up a solid ~50% for a longer amount of time. So setting the priority enables me to at least use my computer, but it remains slow for an even longer amount of time. Another peculiar observation is that once I open the Creative Cloud app, the Core Sync process is replaced with Creative Cloud Desktop. With the same CPU usage percentage. What's going on here?

Sync itself remains bothersome, which is a shame. I rely on working "in the cloud", especially in a time where remote working is the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Creative Cloud is just generally poor in performance. A few days ago I decided to try out using CC, and moved a few hundred files over to the CC folder from my OneDrive. I immediately regretted it as my computer almost came to a halt. I deleted the files as soon as the computer became usable after a few hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 yrs later... still no improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe is slow to just 25% only 3 other files in Adobe and I run a Mac 21 with safari and no drop box what is my problem please .

david 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just moved lightroom 5.4 with 7800 (257gb) of photos. I have taken 1tb of creative cloud storaage.It has just taken 70 seconds to sync 1 photo and I now have 6440 to go which by rough calculation will take 5 days of solid syncing. Has nothing improved???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here just a mere SIX YEARS later with the ongoing slow CC sync. As every other user in the universe has stated, this unreliable CC sync is still exponentially slower that Dropbox. Any workaround for anyone? And why does CC not allow a Select All in the deleted folder to eliminate all the deleted files? It is frustrating and laborious to have to move files out of CC and into DropBox and then have to explain to co-workers and clients that Adobe is just too slow to use for sharing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Provide one 1 TB storage and dont allow the users to leverage it by reducing the upload speed. Very very impressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rajanp34800507 

again, if you want to address adobe, use the links in my previous message.  (these are user forums.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines