• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Sync Very Very Very Slow

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the creative cloud sync. My boss recently moved over all our files from Dropbox over to Creative cloud. Before I had no issues. Now I am being given 3 hour or more syncs just for simple files. Please can some one help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Hi,

Have you ever uploaded that file to dropbox (even with a different name or from different location)? If yes, Dropbox has this optimisation where it detects if the file you are uploading has already been uploaded by you or not, if yes, it will not transfer the entire content to the cloud, it will just send the updated content for that file to the cloud and that is why maybe you are observing a better performance.

CC doesn't have this optimisation yet. This enhancement in sync algorithm is alrea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gem,

A few more questions here too. I was just responding to a different post. I had a few more questions here too:

What is the total file size of the files you are attempting to sync?

Does closing out all other programs which you are not using make any difference?

Are you still running Dropbox when this is occurring?

Is the upload and download speed set to maximum within the Creative Cloud app preferences (in the Creative Cloud Files section)?

Please get back to me when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Only 10 files totally 200MB.

According to monitor, while core sync is "running", there is no network traffic from core sync, and my internet connection works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for us, too.

DropBox speeds through constant file changes all day — in fact, we pretty much do all our InDesign work including the current 400-page book with hundreds of photos right in DropBox. Meanwhile, CC Sync (and Google Drive, too) are super, super slow to the point where's it's barely useable. Adding a 200MB file to CC Files might take CC 30 minutes to an hour to upload. DropBox would have done so in maybe 2 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We are aware of some of the performance issues in file syncing and constantly working on improving it. Could you please elaborate a little more on your workflow?

• When you say 200MB file, do you mean a single file with this much size or a number of files totalling 200MB?
  • Could you also please let me know if you are comparing the Dropbox and CC Files under same network conditions? If yes, would it be possible for you to share that detail as well?

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already described this, but to repeat: I just repeated the test, Ramesh. I took the same single, 250MB InDesign file and — making sure that there was NO OTHER NETWORK ACTIVITY — uploaded it first on DropBox (it took under 2 minutes) and then to Creative Cloud Files (it took 38 minutes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that in the past it has been obvious that if we're uploading to DropBox, we can simultaneously stream Netflix. But if we're uploaded to Creative Cloud Files our streaming is interferred with. So the Creative Cloud snyc is not just uploading but also using download bandwidth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry that you are facing these issues with sync performance. Could you please send me the logs using Log Collector Tool  from the time when you did this 250MB transfer? Logs would help us investigate where we are eating up so much time.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

I don't want to download the Log Collector and get involved with Terminal, etc. — I just have the time to deal with that.

But I will add the following to this discussion:

I tested my upload speed several times and it's between 1.0 and 1.5 Mbit/s.

So I just uploaded a sample 100MB file to CC Files and it took about 10 minutes.

So that's about what should be expected.

So maybe it's not that CC syncing is so slow.

But if I take the same file and upload it to DropBox, it takes about 1 minute?

What am I missing here?

Or what is DropBox doing to speed the performance?

Thanks for your follow up,

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you ever uploaded that file to dropbox (even with a different name or from different location)? If yes, Dropbox has this optimisation where it detects if the file you are uploading has already been uploaded by you or not, if yes, it will not transfer the entire content to the cloud, it will just send the updated content for that file to the cloud and that is why maybe you are observing a better performance.

CC doesn't have this optimisation yet. This enhancement in sync algorithm is already in our backlog and we are prioritising it.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha!

That might explain it ... thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without "Binary Diff" (that is how is called in Dropbox) the rest of the competition are lightyears behind dropbox in file synchronisation, no one understands how the big ones like Microsoft, Google, Adobe (I don't know about Apple with iCloud)... still do not feature a similar technology. The only company I know which also features Binary Diff besides Dropbox is Egnyte.

This is probably the main reason why most users and specially professionals are staying with Dropbox (even with higher prices), because is blazing fast and reliable. The day Adobe implements Binary Diff, they well have me on board!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please fix this ASAP Adobe. Creative Cloud Sync has become practically unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gigabit fiber connection here. Doesn't seem to make any difference. Just as slow as anything else tied to the (memory sucking) Creative Cloud desktop client. I honestly feel like that's been in a never ending beta phase since it was released. I like where Adobe is trying to going with mobile/sync but I wish they'd focus more on quality releases vs buggy updates. Stand alone installations with dropbox or similar sync services is so much more productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn't seem to be fixed? Syncing is so slow. What is the update on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I moved 500Gb to CC form Dropbox. I was used to the speed of Dropbox and now CC takes 1 day for 1Gb already. This is gonna take over a year.

The answer from the Adobe employee is: "CC doesn't have this optimization yet. This enhancement in sync algorithm is already in our backlog and we are prioritizing it." The standard answer for any software company. It means: "stuff it".

Why does it take more than half a year to work this out? If Adobe wants to get customers to use their cloud service, they should do a lot better than that. And keep everyone posted on this 'high priority' issue. You never find in the FAQ's: "Why is CC so f*cking slow?"...

The main reason to move to CC is the integration with the Adobe apps. But this is unworkable. I will go back to DropBox. And I doubt I will ever start using CC again for cloud storage. This experience was no fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree, the experience as it stands at the moment is unworkable......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I synced about 50GB from my old macbook to my brand new one toninght. I have to go through this proces for the second time today (clean install was needed on my brand new.. ).

What I am experiencing;

Internet connectivity is running up to 90 Mbit/s at work, but it looks like the internetspeed doesn't effect the sync that much. 'Estimated time left' is even shorter when I'm taking the laptop home for sync (about 40 Mbit/s). It was done within one night (leaving laptop open and running).

• Sometimes my laptop doesn't recognize the 'Creative Cloud' folder as it should (not the CC logo but a normal folder icon), sync is stopping at this point is my experience. A reboot fixes this issue.

• Sometimes the sync is pumping up the estimated 'time left' to hundreds of hours, or it only shows 'synchronising' with a loader. Also at this point a reboot is helpful.

So it looks like some reboots on the right time and finding the right internet connection will do the trick.

But a better algorithm, the addition of the possibility to prioritizing the files and a less buggy sync would be very welcome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting stuff but over night to sync 50Gb is still well short of acceptable. Adobe were prioritizing sync in August 2017, we're nearly a year later and still unusable. Really very poor. This sync is key to Adobes cloud strategy and while the software continues to lead the crowd in many respects it is severely let down by this aspect of development.

Come on Adobe, you can do better than this and we, as paying customers, also deserve better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: When I went to bed it was saying '13 hours left'. This morning (about 7 hours later) it was stuck and saying 'about 49 hours left'.

The most strange thing? After then minutes (AFTER REBOOT again) and while I'm typing this it synchronised about 7500 files (from 25000 files that where left to sync). Now it is displaying '3 hours left'...

From 7500 of 25000 synced it goes to 'sync not complete' (with warning sign), then it re-indexes and goes to '250 from 13000' files.

The total files to sync were about 75000 files (total the 50GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add that as a new customer, I was thinking, Great, I'll use the Adobe Cloud Sync!  I had two files at the time and they are still syncing.  Come on!  I love my programs, but I'll use Drop Box, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this. I recently switched to the 1tb storage plan and after spending DAYS allowing my computer to sync a large photo folder with over 40,000 files (about 250 gb), it has only managed to get through about 1,000 or so photos. Adobe is far behind the competition on this. I'll be downgrading this cloud plan and using another service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is a total disaster and Adobe is a total joke. Since introducing Creative Cloud Sync, users are experiencing this issue. The answer form Adobe is consistently to ask to re-install, monitor or do whatever they think they need to mayb, probably ever solving it.
I, and many others, don't have time for this: I am a designer, that is what we like, not being a system engineer.

Potentially I am a user of CC Cloud Sync. In reality I don't trust Adobe anymore on this type of service and I will be a Dropbox user forever. That is, until a new kid on the block does it's work even better. That will not be dinosaur Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using this today. Guess why I'm here... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... big disapointment here. I have between 150 to 350 hours left of sync time on my 500GB libary - and CC Sync has already been on the job for a week on my business laptop. In reality CC Sync does not work, and I have not been able to utilize my new (expensive!) Photography Plan yet! Please advice on updates and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines