• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help ! All my files (png + psd ) disappeared from my CC.... It says that my files are up to date and the pourcentage of use is very low (nothing compared to what it was before...)

This is very important work, please someone help me the Contact Customer care just send me on basic help pages....

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Hi Manonl,

Don't let the support sent you out, before they investigate the issue properly.

When you are using several computers, what can happen is that on one computer the files are removed out of the folder locally,

if this desktop has Synchronization to the Creative cloud enabled, then this would automatically remove the files that are on your storage

as well, as the change is considered an 'Update' showing Up to date after these files are removed would make "sense"

More information how the Sync

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for moving the discussion, do you know a number I could call for help ? Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care

Chat

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Phone Support & Expert Sessions

Monday—Friday, 5am—7pm PT

Forums

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manonl,

Don't let the support sent you out, before they investigate the issue properly.

When you are using several computers, what can happen is that on one computer the files are removed out of the folder locally,

if this desktop has Synchronization to the Creative cloud enabled, then this would automatically remove the files that are on your storage

as well, as the change is considered an 'Update' showing Up to date after these files are removed would make "sense"

More information how the Sync works: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

When the files would be removed from the online storage (over a browser) then you should be able to trace these files back in the Archived files on your cloud storage. But I am afraid that the issue is not this, as you would not be able to see the storage % as available on your cloud. Usually when the percentage is showing availability, this actually means the files are no longer on the server and you have this storage available again. Only when the files are still on the server (You see your percentage of Cloud storage the same) then Adobe support should be able to trace this back from the Server, if the issue started due to the removal of files locally, and the synchronization started. The Support can not trace back the files most likely.

Hope this helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! Indeed it was a local issue. I didn't deleted the files tho just reorganized them and it must have had an issue with the sync... I found them all in my trash thing... god thanks !

Anyways thanks a lot for your help !

Will never prevent myself from copying them locally again. I was so worried !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really glad to hear the issue is resolved, and you got your files back!

Best to also flag the topic as resolved. Then other people experiencing the same might

have the same luck as you did

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manon,

can you give me more detail on what you did with regards to re-organising your files locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I moved them to different sub-folder by copy / pasting them. And deleting the copy's.

Then the day after The one deleted (that were doubled) came back so I deleted only those.

But then the day after again, everything was gone I just had few PNG's left.

They were all to be found in my trash in a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines