Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File restore not working

New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I accidentally overwrote an excell file in creative cloud folder. Now I'm trying to restore to the previous version and all seems to be fine. I  click on restore and the message shows "Working... please wait a moment". I left it overnight and the message was still there and no restoration was made. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try again does Restore work? Please reply here or with a forum private Message and let me know the name of the Excel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Ken

no, it just does the same as before. I've tried with a couple of the old versions, and the result is the same, over and over.

name:"IMD_Reference_List_Mar _2015.xlsx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing what seem to be similar symptoms.  I'm trying to restore a previous version of an InDesign File.  The restoration process hangs on the "Working...Please wait a moment" screen.  When I refresh the page, it returns to the state it was before trying to restore.

I am viewing CC files in Firefox 38.0.1 on OSX 10.10.3, though the same thing happens on in IE on Win7 and other browser/OS combinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Safari and Chrome... Same result...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jlaurrieta - We are working to fix the problem for your Excel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Ken

Paddi, I endorse your proposal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paddi - Please let us know the name of the InDesign file and we will get the problem fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your offer, Ken, however I actually don't care about this document.  I made a deliberate change and then tried to restore as a proof-of-concept type test before working on documents that I may have a real need to restore.  Can you pinpoint an action users like me can take (or not take) that will prevent this phenomenon from happening in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paddi - If you could still send us the name of the InDesign document that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - sent you a message with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paddi - Thank you for the file name. Both of you are facing the same error on the backend. One more question, are you doing a Collaboration with the folder the InDesign file is in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's in a Collaboration folder.  I believe the edit I was trying to reverse was done as another user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paddi - Thank you for confirming this. Restore is failing if the file is in a Collaborated folder. We are working to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder I'm using is the Creative Cloud Folder in my computer and not collaborated, as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jlaurrieta and @Paddi - The fix just went live. You should now be able to restore to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ken.  It seems to be working.  I restored the previous version, then opened the file from my local CC Files and saw what I expected.  I tried restoring to a different point and it worked as promised.  Interesting that the modified date in OSX Finder reverts back to the old modified date of that version.  I think that's a good thing, but it could cause confusion in some scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as Paddi described earlier in this thread. I am trying to restore an Indesign file that I accidentally overwrote. It is in a folder that has no collaboration. I am working in Chrome on Windows 10. The file I overwrote was last modified March 12, 2017. I was able to restore a file that I modified today. The message I get is "Working. . . Please wait a moment." It hangs like that for more than an hour before I gave up and refreshed the page. The filename is SpectrumAd-StJohnPassion.indd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with small js file (230kb)...

Restore takes forever while "Working... please wait a moment" message stays on the screen.

Is this issue fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@srdjanm - The problem that was fixed was if the file you were trying to restore was in a folder that had Collaboration enabled. Please let us know the name of the js file and we will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that folder has Collaboration enabled. File is called "ICC-20150528-1_edge.js" in ICC/Prototypes/ICC-v2/ folder.

Actually, I am trying to restore all files in the folder. Html, .an files are restoring w/o problems (so far...)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not been able to find any errors in our server logs for the file version restore for the file you mention. You mentioned file version restore working for other files in the folder, has it succeeded for the js file yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I am still trying w/o success.

Restoring of other files are ok. But for some reason, js files refuse to restore.

The problem started AFTER I saved Adobe Edge project. Then "something" happened and now I can neither open Edge project nor restore files before the issue appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted originally with the srdjanm Adobe ID but for this post are using the Markovi.ch Adobe ID. Is the problem with the file version restore just with the srdjanm Adobe ID?

If possible please use the browser's Developer Tools to see if an error appears on the Network or Console tabs when you try to do the restore. Then get the request id for the the network call with an error.

dev_tools.png

x-request-id.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Markovi.ch is mu other account. The problematic file is under srdjan markovic account...

I've looked for network error as you suggested but I haven't found anything problematic (no red marked items).

But there is js error:

error.png

By clicking on dialog.js Chrome shows the following code:

define(["jquery","underscore","translate","utils","router","events","common/utils/log","files/dataStoreSharedCloud","common/user-quota","common/dialogs/view","./view"],function(e,t,n,o,r,i,s,a,d,u,g){var c,l=e({}),v=new g,f=new u({id:"restore-dialog"}),h=function(){f.startWait(n("Working..."),2e3),a.fetchUserQuota().then(function(e){d.updateQuota(e);var t=c[0],n=Math.round(d.get("storage_remaining")),o=t.get("revisions")[t.get("_version")].size,r=t.get("revisions")[t.get("_versionHead")].size;o-r>n?w():m()})},m=function(){var e=c[0],t=e.get("_version"),n=e.get("_versionHead"),d=e.getVersion(e.get("_version")).created,u=new Date(d),g=(o.isToday(d)?"":o.formatMonthDateAndYear(u))+" "+o.dateTimeAgoText(d);a.restoreVersion(e.get("id"),n,t).done(function(){i.trigger("create_notify","restore_version",g),s("oneup:restore-version"),a.refreshAsset(e.get("id"),function(){r.navigate("file/?section=activity&refresh="+Date.now()+"&location="+encodeURIComponent(e.get("id")),{trigger:!0})})})},w=function(){f.endWait(),v.showError(n("This file is larger than the current version. You don't have enough space left to restore it. Please permanently delete other files to make room."))};return l.show=function(){var t=n("Restore version?");return e(document.body).append(f.render().setHeading(t).setContent(v.render().$el).$el),l},l.hide=function(){return f.endWait().clearBindings().remove(),l},l.setItems=function(e){return c=e,l},f.bind("close",l.hide),v.bind("close",l.hide),v.bind("submit",h),l});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines