• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files are getting deleted from creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud just deleted 80% of our file from my CC folder on my mac. The desktop application gave me a notification saying that a file had just been deleted and I can all these files in my trash. I did not delete it, and I'm unsure about what went wrong.

This had happened before and I had to manually restore all the files from trash.

This is a nightmare as we use cc as our workspace. Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

@Chris@Neudesic - You have 323 files and 2107 folders in the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive. You can Restore all the items in the Archive. Items were not archived from the CC Assets web application. Please follow the instructions in Lin He's post above and send your log files to the Core Sync team. They will be able to help resolve why items are ending up in the Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and already have an internal bug open for this which the team in currently working on. We hope to have this fixed asap.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wharress - this is a big deal.

Our team is currently unsure of what to do with the files that are now residing in the trash. Should one user try restoring those files, or will that cause more issues for everybody? My confidence in CC being able to sync everybody's restored files painlessly is a bit low. Please advise on what to do while this gets sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marshal Jones,

We have had a look into your log files and have noticed that a massive delete took place of 1433 files on your machine.

Log line from your machine:

20150423-124822.212: Right to Left: Delete File: 1433

We can then also see from the server side details that another user of this share did delete the files. You have this folder shared with someone else? or a team of people?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I may have deleted the entire folder after the initial issue - to recover missing from my own personal backups following the deletion bug (I could not trust that everything was intact in the trash). After that, I placed my files from my own backup in the CC folder to stat fresh. Things were syncing nicely, until the same random deletion of my things happened again the next day. I did not delete anything myself.

The folder is not shared with anyone. I use it on two machines, my laptop and my desktop computers, but only work on one at a time. I use share links a lot to share individual files with my clients. That’s as far as sharing goes. Oh and by the way, my name is not Marshal Jones.

Oh and I notice the date in that log - April 23? - the issue happened this week, not on the 23.

Thank you for looking into this. I can no longer trust the CC folder until this is resolved, I will move my files elsewhere.

SÉBASTIEN CHIAPPA-MÉNARD

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My reply was for Marshall Jones.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 11.36.03.png

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha sorry about that. I thought you were another Adobe agent who is looking into this issue for me. Cheers!

SÉBASTIEN CHIAPPA-MÉNARD

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are looking into the issue that some people are reporting on the thread.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these directories are shared (I believe that's an intended use case, no?).

And I asked the team if anybody might have accidentally deleted anything before I posted the issue here. Also, there's a folder that is only shared between 2 people - myself and my colleague who sits right next to me. Nobody else can see this directory, and neither of us have touched that directory in months. All of a sudden it's in both of our trashcans. That particular scenario is what confirmed to me that this wasn't a simple user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can then also see from the server side details that another user of this share did delete the files. You have this folder shared with someone else? or a team of people?

Where can I see this info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation as majmanCC here. What should we do. This is very frustrating. I have over 90 GB of files, most were moved to the trash - will new files in CC folder be overwritten? Should I avoid using the CC folder? This is unacceptable and a waste of time.

There appears to be another issue as well. My storage is said to be full in the CC desktop app, even though I should have 10GB free. My Archive folder is nearly empty. It looks like there are invisible files somewhere in the cloud storage....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wharress By when can we expect a solution to this problem.

I tried restoring all the files manually and it is gone again. It has become a nightmare for our team. We can no more rely on cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We cannot give any ETA on this issue, we are currently investigating.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed a number of critical assets missing some CC - (actually a client asked why I removed access to some files) turns out about 2800 folders have been deleted - The activity tab shows no changes -  and there isn't any way to see if another team member might have done this inadvertently.  WTF?  Come to find out this has been a known issue for well over a year (??) . Adobe is supposed to be professional software - syncing files is like cloud collaboration 101 - what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris@Neudesic - You have 323 files and 2107 folders in the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive. You can Restore all the items in the Archive. Items were not archived from the CC Assets web application. Please follow the instructions in Lin He's post above and send your log files to the Core Sync team. They will be able to help resolve why items are ending up in the Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's September 2016 and this just happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's 2017 and still happening what is up with this? they aren't even being archived they're ending up in my trash can and I'm the only one with access to my computer and everyone collaborating on the file hasn't touched a thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use dropbox or G-Drive instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the same as using CC and using cc libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is still happening. My coworkers and I use the cloud to share files and it just MOVED 90% of our files to the TRASH. Adobe: get moving on this PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an issue engineering is aware of and is working on. We are still collecting information and log files to better understand the issue. If you would be willing to collect the following information to help us better understand the issue it would really help.

Please run the log collector shortly after the issue occurs on any machines which were affected

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Please also send these to me as a direct message for privacy

• List of Adobe ID's from all affected workstations
  • Were the files which were moved to the trash/archive part of a collaboration?
  • What was the operating system's for the workstations which were affected?
  • Did all affected have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed?
  • Did the issue seem to be triggered by of the collaborators systems going into a sleep state?
  • Were any of the affected systems behind a firewall or proxy server?
  • What was the internet speed used for the affected workstations?
  • Timezone and locations of affected workstations
  • Was there any kind of error message at the time the issue occurred?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitushi,

I've replied to our other customers on a similar thread.

I'm very sorry that you've had this ideal experience.  I completely understand the pain this has caused you.

I just wanted to let you know, that we have a fix for this issue, which we are working to validate to ensure there are no recurrences.

It has taken us some time to get this fix in place because we have struggled to successfully replicate the issue in house.

As I mentioned, we need to validate the fix before rolling it out.  I'll keep you informed of when you can expect to see an update.

Thanks,

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one on this thread has the name Mitushi (at least visible to other users...), but hopefully you're referring to the issue that this thread pertains to as your message is a little ambiguous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 15.58.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha, ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines