• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Stopped Syncing

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received early access to the font and file syncing service from CC a couple days ago.  I began moving a lot of my files over to the Creative Cloud folder and they began syncing just fine.

Last night, after a restart, I noticed that the files stopped syncing for an unknown reason.  I still have my 'Clients' folder in my Creative Cloud Files folder, however the desktop app is giving me the generic window of "To start saving files to Creative Cloud..." window even though I do have files in my CC folder.  See screenshot attached.  It clearly shows that I do have a big folder and one JPG image in the CC files folder.

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 5.15.06 PM.png

One thing I did notice is that if I go to the Preferences -> Files tab, it shows my Folder Location as my home directory, and not the CC Files folder.  I have tried several times to change the Folder location to the CC files folder, however every time I do I'm prompted with a Move dialog and when I click on Move, the popup turns black and says "Moving Creative Cloud File Folder..." but after completion my Files Folder resorts back to my OS X Home directory.  I'm not sure if that's right or not.

I have no idea what is going on here and why it just all of the sudden stopped working.

Another issue that may or may not be related is the fonts.  I can successfully go to the fonts tab, click Browse fonts on typekit and install fonts from the web, however my Fonts tab in the CC desktop app still shows the generic "welcome" message, even though I see those fonts installed in programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 5.20.07 PM.png

I should also note that I did uninstall and reinstall the desktop app and restarted the computer a few times to no avail.

Is this maybe a bug in the CC Desktop app?

Thanks -

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Hi All

An update on this.  I talked to one of the engineers at Adobe and he said that this is due to the number of files I was trying to sync.  I'm a web developer, so my files don't take up too much space, however the sheer amount of files (150,000 in my case) is the reason for the issue.  The engineer said he was looking into the issue and believes that the CC file sync should work no matter how many files you have (unless you're over your GB limit, of course) and is going to get back to me.  N

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you check the permissions of the folder where your files are? Also, can you mail the core sync log files which are located at ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync and are named like CoreSync....log where ... is the Date at bhatnaga@adobe.com. Please note that the location begins with a ~ which means users folder. Library folder inside it is a hidden folder, so use the Go to Folder option of the finder. Also, let me know if you will be comfortable with having a connect session.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anirudh,

I just emailed you the log files.

For other reading this thread, yes I have checked permissions on the Creative Cloud Files folder and have them set to 777 for troubleshooting purposes with no luck so far.

I'll keep everyone updated on progress on this, as it appears others are having this issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is perhaps a little counterintuitive, but the "Folder location" field in preferences is actually not the folder that contains the files to be synced, it is actually the folder that contains "Creative Cloud Files". So your preferences are correct. The problem is somewhere else.

We are investigating your problem and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said. I'm having the exact same problem

But my post would have been laced with frustration associated with a broken foundational core feature after a year and a half wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

An update on this.  I talked to one of the engineers at Adobe and he said that this is due to the number of files I was trying to sync.  I'm a web developer, so my files don't take up too much space, however the sheer amount of files (150,000 in my case) is the reason for the issue.  The engineer said he was looking into the issue and believes that the CC file sync should work no matter how many files you have (unless you're over your GB limit, of course) and is going to get back to me.  Not sure when it will be, but they are aware of the limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, efru12. In my case, the culprit was a large Suitcase Fusion font vault. After deleting the partial folder on the Creative Cloud website, the desktop app engaged again and uploaded new files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You bet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines