• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I share a folder in creative cloud, I know how to share individual files..

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

From my 10+ years’ experience with Adobe nothing will happen. I’ve filed severe bugs with Fireworks, Illustrator and InDesign in the past and if they got fixed at all it wasn't until the next PAID upgrade. This should have changed with the subscription model and in fact they do roll out updates and features more frequently. But once they’ve decided to remain silent on a topic you can rest assured it won’t be dealt with in the foreseeable future.

That being said, even if they add that one single f

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there is no way to privately share folders or sync between two different accounts. Expanded sharing capabilities are an important part of the roadmap so stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg_M_, we're talking to you!  Where are you on this?  This post is almost a year old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did share a folder with hackers, so it is possible :/)

The silence is not so polite, but sadly common with these endless big company. Nobody is responsible for nothing.

Ashame these don't take plide in their userbase and interaction.

Just the same as the rest....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lame. Finally broke down and succumbed to the New Order, kind of thinking the CLOUD would help collaboration with team members. Only to find out the Big Brother has been sitting on this critical issue since 2012. The "collaboration" is completely useless to me, I wasted way too much time on this. I downloaded some standard NEW APPS (InDesign, DWeaver). No noticeable improvements. Dreamweaver is still crashy. Had to rig things up to get .asp files to open properly. This would be laughable if these tools were not my life blood. Shame on Adobe.

But, just so no one thinks their money is going to waste, here is what you are paying for folks:

http://www.designboom.com/architecture/rapt-studio-unveils-the-adobe-campus-in-utah/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other oddity. Even "yousendit" rememberes the emails of the prior file sends. This product by Adobe doesn't even remember the last name you put into the "share" link. Every single send requires me to find someone's email and carefully type or cut and paste it in! This is just BASIC stuff here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously! How are you supposed to share a project between a team?

I can believe I’m going to say this but, Microsoft SkyDrive does a better job at file sharing between a team.

You can share an entire folder or multiple files and IT'S FREE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a great advice Instudio! Thank you! 8 Gb of storage for free and folder sharing included!

Why can't Adobe do this? If Microsoft can?

Cheers, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg_M_:

It's almost been a year since you're response.  Can we get a status update on this advertised feature?  How about a specific date?  You guys do realize that to collaborate on a project, a team needs to share the assets and project files and folders, right? 

If we can't share folders of files, what we we paying extra for CC Team for?

I don't see why I should pay extra for it unless you can tell us when it's coming... (if it really is)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have single user account plain and simple. Adobe has stole $20 a month from each team account victim and the end of my one scam. I am demanding $240.00 that was conned from me by crooks and thieves. Welcome to the new Adobe watch your wallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole silent treatment thing is ridiculous.

The folder sharing issue and many others need to be addressed or fixed.

I found this post on the adobe forum. Really?

• By Megan - 10:55 AM on May 9, 2013  Hi Alex, Folder sharing will be available to customers in June, as was announced at the Adobe MAX conference this week. Cheers.

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/improvements-to-the-share-ui/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this option also!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santa please do something for us !!! Deliver file sharing since adobe is useless !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need... I need!!!...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s no question that Adobe is not capable of providing this service!

The question is why they keep lying to thier customers!?

Iam waiting for this since late 2012!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated here too

They promised 20 Gb storage but never said: 'without folder sharing!'...

And that is exactly what I need (and not only me).

Still hoping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crime is that they are still charging extra for a "team" account and no folder sharing.

The scam is when you call support Adobe's reps pretend they know nothing of this problem and offer to file a technical report of the "issue" and put it in the round file and soon as you hang up.

I don't know how they are getting away with it. If we charged clients for services and we don't provide them we get taken to court. When Adobe steals from their customer base they get a pat on the back and the watch dogs look the other way and let them get away with it.

I wonder how much kick back Adobe gets from the credit card companies to allow them to keep getting away with stealing from their customers.

Why are the consumer laws not protecting us? Is Adobe above the law with no moral conscience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Adobe representative wants to join in the conversation that started 29 december 2012 ?

I can t beleive that despite all the hate adobe is getting out here and else about that folder sharing issue . We hear nothing from them ...

They just keep selling their membership that is now only a paying long term commitment since you can t get software on there own ...

Well done adobe , very strategic ....

All customers tied up hands and feet at your mercy ....

And yet we see all your publicity about how adobe is trying so hard to improve our workflow ! ah ah  No more coments needed i think

Here is adobe quote : Your favorite tools are now even better. With Creative Cloud, you'll always have access to the very latest Adobe desktop apps, including Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and more. Simply download the latest updates when you're ready—in the last few months, we've added more than 150 new features in our pro video tools alone. Plus you'll have seamless ways to keep settings, files, and feedback from team members in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, the fact that they are selling this thing as for "TEAMS" and promote "YOUR TEAM" even selling "SEATS" like at at table of collaboration... I love the idea, and beyond that "NEED" the ability to do this for our group.. but um... YOU CAN'T ACTAULLY DO THAT?

Come on Adobe, it's time someone chime in on this. At least help us - your customers - know what your REAL gameplan is and timeframe. Or if you just simply decided to NOT do that going forward, even that response would be more respectable than NO response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still waiting I/m afraid.

During this waiting time, my next wish is download confimation.

And maybe keep track of the number of downloads....

CC is good, please make it better...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man this is unbelievable.  This technology already exists.  Google Drive and Drop Box are already doing this (which is why I'm not freaking out just yet), so what's the hold up here?  And yeah, the false advertising is pretty aggravating on this count. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this option very much. Your product is called Creative Cloud Teams, but our team is unable to collaborate within a shared folder. Surprised and disappointed, waiting for team folder sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted my solution to folder sharing that is not available with Adobe. I got scammed by the smoke and mirror trick at MAX, and my clients got conned as well, all of us stuck with one year of being robbed. All of us signed up for team account only to discover it's a scam that Adobe uses to sell the team accounts at an extra $20 a month, times the thousand that have signed for it. Sold on a feature that never materialized.

A single user account is all the "Adobe Cloud" software needed. As for storage and folder sharing Adobe can keep theirs, heck I got 200 gigs of "Cloud storage" with my new Nikon FREE.

Folder Sharing is where we had to spend a few bucks for our needs. Shawn (bless his heart) at forttechnology.ca/ in Fort Saskatchewan setup a cloud service that all the people involved in catalogue production, from photographers to the buyers proofing content. It is truly a work of art and it has been such a joy having unlimited folder and sub-folder control. A desktop sync folder that brought tears to my production management eyes.

I have been enraged in this joy I forgot the anger, pain and humiliation of being a victim of Adobe new rip off the user grab the cash management. Does John know this is going on. Adobe could use a good lecture from him.

I haven't posted in this form for a bit because I am happy. The number of post showing up in my email has brought back the humiliation feelings I suffered from falling victim to Adobe cash grab scam.

Call Shawn and ask him what he setup for me, contact your credit card company and let them know that you are paying for a service with your credit card and seller provided misleading information and has not offered any compensation for their shortfall. They are supposed to protect you from thieves like Adobe's with deceptive marketing scams. They will take action if they get enough complaints.

In Canada we are also bringing this to the attention of our MPs, our gov has a hate on for credit card companies and we are asking the gov to put pressure on the credit cards companies to stop Adobe's deception marketing and misleading claims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer: Please remind me why I bought Creative Cloud for Teams? 

Adobe: Because Adobe advertises and claims that teams can collaborate on projects. 

Customer:  Sweet!  How does my team collaborate on a project? 

Adobe:  Oh yeah... about that... you actually can't, because a project is made up of multiple folders, asset files, project files, etc., and the sync files system doesn't let you share more than an individual file.  It was just a joke (not to be confused with false advertising)!  Funny, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is strange, even the free services like dropbox have folder sharing. really need it for our projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines