• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge coresync log file in Sierra

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac has been crashing and telling me that there is no more storage or memory to run programs since a couple of days ago.

I tracked down the problem to the CoreSync log file. The CoreSync-2017-08-23.log file is 72.42 GB. The CoreSync-2017-08-24.log file is up to 5.12 GB as of now, we are not at noon yet in this time zone. There are a few other files that are above 1.5 GB. Why are these so big?

I tried reinstalling Adobe CC, but the files regenerated with the same size. I tried to erase the files manually but then Adobe CC wont sync the files, which is my best bet now.

Im on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

I waited one day for coresync to generate a new log file for the day. Then I erase the huge log files from yesterday and everything seems ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited one day for coresync to generate a new log file for the day. Then I erase the huge log files from yesterday and everything seems ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. If for some reason it starts happening again, please reply back on the thread and we can pursue it further.

Thanks,

- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same problem on windows 8.1. The logfile is 56 gb and full of entries like this. I noticed this after coresync.exe was consuming 100% cpu.  I killed the task, which stopped the logfile bloat but am worried the issue will recur next time coresync runs.

C:\Users\zyx\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\CoreSync-2017-10-23.log

20171023-114055.325: t=33ec: Empty/incomplete journal on sync start

20171023-114055.326: t=33ec: Empty/incomplete journal on sync start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same problem today, 24 GB CoreSync file in AppData/Local/Temp/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/CoreSync-2017-10-26.log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deployed Adobe DC

New Windows 10 1709 build

First day on machine 204GB CoreSync single file on system

What is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple computers maxing out C hard Drive space by creating Huge Coresync files. Windows 8.1 and windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this issue to engineering and we are in the process of collecting more information to understand the cause.

A few related questions
- Do you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed? 4.3.0.256

- Are you seeing several or just one oversized log files?

- Are you using file sync on the systems where the issue is occurring?

- Are you seeing similar entries in the logs like was described by the earlier poster -

Thanks.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- The latest Creative Cloud version is installed and has been regularly updated since installation.

- Only a single log file is created for each day (i.e.- CoreSync-2017-12-19.log, CoreSync-2017-12-20.log, etc.)  Each one increased in size, one reaching 72GB.

- File sync WAS active, but not working properly.  When active, the CC application indicates syncing is taking place, but does not display the number of files remaining and never finishes.  It just keeps running.  The green icon that indicates a file has successfully synced does not appear on any files.  I attempted a fix found in another thread by quitting Adobe CC, deleting the *.db files in the AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CoreSync folder, restarting the computer, then turning Adobe CC back on... and that fixed the syncing issue.  The green icon reappeared and the syncing process indicated a number of remaining files.  Now that I'm experiencing massive CoreSync logs, I have turned off syncing and the logs are simply generated with each day, but do not increase in size beyond 65kb or so.  I have NOT tried repeating that fix.

- I resumed syncing for about 3 seconds, looked in the log file, and did find a similar line. (20171220-090651.636: t=1ad0: Empty/incomplete journal on sync start)

It repeats about a dozen times every thousandths of a second.  This log file reached 17.5 MB with only 3 seconds of syncing, and when forced open in Microsoft Word, the line indicated above repeats for 4800 pages.

Additional information about the incident... this occurs on my work computer and I shut down at the end of each day.  I was out of the office all of last week, but a co-worker used my computer and left it running for five days, where it simply went to sleep.  Returning on a Monday, I discovered the massive log files and the issue has continued regardless of restarts, shut down, or quitting/restarting Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Benjamin. I'll pass it on to engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here but on Windows. 52 gb in size. Creative Cloud Files are stored on my laptop SD card (that I never remove).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! I am also having issues with my sync which never completes and runs permanently in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Mac os Sierra 10.13 !

Capture d’écran 2018-03-01 à 14.45.54.png

Capture d’écran 2018-03-01 à 14.50.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you still facing the issue. If yes, can you please share your Coresync version specified in the Creative Cloud files tab in the Preferences.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, I had many conflicted files that kept duplicating (XD files only). Getting rid of the originals fixed the issue for me. Either that, or it got fixed in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar problem. Running Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.30.48 PM.png

Getting log files with sizes approaching 26GBScreen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.31.58 PM.png

Is it safe to delete this stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you can delete these files.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've received a new computer at work, installed all my Adobe CC applications, and the issue has stopped.  Standard CoreSync files are created each day, but only reach a few KB in size.

However, file syncing to the cloud isn't working.  It's turned on, but there is no note of syncing progress on the Creative Cloud menu, and the green icons on the files in my Creative Cloud folder do not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear all,

I'm experiencing the very same pb. I erased yesterday 4 or 5 files for a total of more dans 150Gb... And today, A new file of 89Gb appeared... I keep on deleting this files, but from time to time it's completely blocking my disk. Any idea ?

And as you can see on the second picture, the sync keeps on going on even if everything seems to be fully sync....

core01.JPG

core02.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines