• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with connecting custom SquareSpace domain name to Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I need help. I'm trying to connect my SquareSpace Domain name to my Adobe Portfolio Website but having issues with customizing the A Records in the domain's DNS Settings to get it working. I'm entering all the correct info, but when I click "Apply" on Adobe Portfolio, it gives me an error message reading:

"Oops! Looks like your domain settings have not yet been configured correctly with our IP address. Instructions here. "

I'm following the instructions perfectly but can't get it to work. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

SquareSpace works, I just had to give the domain time to register the changes after editing the DNS Settings to redirect to the Adobe Portfolio site. Waited about 30 minutes after changing the domain's DNS settings then hit apply on Portfolio as per the instructions and it went through just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can use your Squarespace domain name on Portfolio.  AFAIK,  Squarespace doesn't let you manage your domain name sufficiently.  

I'm moving this question to the Get Started Creative Cloud Services forum.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SquareSpace works, I just had to give the domain time to register the changes after editing the DNS Settings to redirect to the Adobe Portfolio site. Waited about 30 minutes after changing the domain's DNS settings then hit apply on Portfolio as per the instructions and it went through just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alvin, 

Did you only follow Adobe Portfolio's guidelines: connect domain, edited DNS settings from Squarespace, and then click apply on Adobe Portfolio? Or did you also forward your domain through Squarespace to Adobe Portfolio like shown in the picture attached? And if you did the process in the picture, which URL did you put? Did you put the adobeportfolio.com URLThank you in advance, sorry but I'm going crazy.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 17.01.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use their services but It's good to know that Squarespace has upgraded their DNS settings panel to accomodate more options than it did before.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you manage to get it done? Im having exactly the same problems as you. If you got it sorted, can you explain me how you did it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice! I´ll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines