• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Creative Cloud Roaming Files taking up way to much space on C drive.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with 2 hard drives. The first meant to be the boot drive for windows to easily start-up and the second for everything else. I have set CreativeCloud to install apps to my D drive and to sync to my D drive.

However, there is a huge chunk still contained on my C drive: 

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\##########_AdobeID\links

It is housing a files that contain up to 24kb to 420MB. I did try to delete this but it just comes back. How do we stop this from happening?

I searched through and found some posts related to this but there doesn't seem to be a solid solution. Maybe I missed something. Can someone please help?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i think most of that storage is taken by image and 3d model files in a subdirectory of public.adobecc.com which service no useful purpose (as far as i can tell).  mine is nearing 1 gb:

Screenshot - 9_5_2020 , 6_32_04 AM.png

rename that subdirectory (on my computer it's "components") to something easy to restore (eg, "$components").

create a new subdirectory with the original name (eg, "components") and make it read-only.

test to see if there any problems and to see if that prevents adobe from creating a different subdirectory storing more useless files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines