• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing CC user profile info and user OS info

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuous CC crash and then goes to login screen. I have tried every fix scenario that I can find including uninstalling apps and creative cloud then re-loading. One proposed fix said to delete the Adobe User Profile Info and Adobe User OS Info and then restart Creative Cloud to create the files again. The only problem is these two files do not exist. The same files do exist on my MacBook Air and I don't have any problems. I haven't been able to get Creative Cloud to create these files on my iMac again. I believe I lost those files on February 14 during an Adobe or OS upgrade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go through the full process and it worked. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is back. The two Keychain User Info Files have disappeared again and now Adobe CC continues to send me back to the login screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) corrupting your files.

i don't know any easy way to track down what that is, but the fix is the same as before.  it would be nice to prevent this from recurring by finding the culprit program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through three uninstalls and clean installs since this last message. Everything is fine for a week or so and then it starts the login loop again. Everytime I go through a clean install my catalog on Lightroom gets all screwed up and it takes a lot of hours to get it straightened out. I can accept your reply stating that there may be something on my computer corrupting my files but I have no idea what it is. I've been playing around with this since early February with no solution in sight.  What are my options for live software support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try, but i'm not sure if they would have to time or inclination to dabble with your computer.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1618925142452.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we may have found and fixed the problem, proxies that shouldn't be there. I turned them off but later they would come back on. It was malware and I had to to run a malware finder program to lactate it. I quarantined the malware and so far it seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear (though i think lactate should be locate - spell check error?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Yes it should be "locate".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(i'm mildly surprised/amused the adobe anti-obscenity checker didn't flag it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines