• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Node.js server side javascript takes all bandwidth at pc startup

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my pc can't access internet or is slow getting email whenever i start up the pc.

From Windows 10 task manager i noticed my full bandwidth is used for download and i see this was caused by Node.js which resides under Creative Cloud folder.

What is this doing at startup? Syncing? I don't sync anything. Before i didn't experience this problem until last month.

Can i disable and remove this node.js? Its ridiculous CC software takes up all my bandwidth...please program the software and any updates better!

This occurs on both pc where i have CC software installed. All happening at first startup of the pc.

TOPICS
File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: it's the damn node.exe under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience\libs that takes up whole bandwidth at startup. Kill the process and i got my speed back.

I use Netbalancer now to limit all these CC bandwidth abusers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still continues. No option to throttle bandwidth and Adobe support is useless. It's 2021, seriously people????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it also works without third party application, using Windows Firewall to block Node.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its because adobe wants it running all the time. They straight up don't care about the customers. They care about making money regardless of the methods. What's the cost to their reputation for using spyware that runs 24/7 on customers computers? Compare that to the benefit. Clearly the result was:   benefit > cost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if Creative Cloud updates and syncing are paused, this continues to take all the bandwidth. You have to exit CC completely to make it stop if you need to run a meeting instead of syncing your cloud changes that don't matter in that moment. 

Adobe clearly doesn't understand that not everyone's internet service is high speed, and they don't consider this feedback to be relevenant to product development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines