• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" causing 100% CPU load and max fan speed in 16" MacBook Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to MacOS Big Sur, I've encountered an issue when starting up my computer that the CPU load is at 100% and the fans are running at maximum speed. The Activity Monitor shows that the culprit are two Adobe CC-related processes, something called CCXProcess and CCLibrary. The only way to stop this is to Force Quit the processes otherwise the CPU load and overheating will continue as long as my laptop is on.

Is this a known issue and is there any fix yet?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi Leo,

CCXProcess team has released the update with a fix. It should be CCXProcess 4.1.3 - you can check the version in CCD -> Help -> About Creative Cloud.
Please, let us know if you got an update and if the problem is gone!

Thank you!
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

So I wanted to offer a little update on my situtaion:

I have identified the exact culprit in my specific case. I understand that a lot of the responses to this thread are not describing the exact same situation that I'm in.

The problem in my case was caused by AdGuard. AdGuard is an app that blocks ads and trackers and malware across your entire Mac. A couple months ago, I uninstalled it because I was planning on cancelling my subscription to it. It was around this time that I noticed I was no lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

I have informed adguard developer team about this issue. They are trying to fix this issue.

You can use this link about the issue:

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-big-sur.42484/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's been at 76% CPU useage with no apps open except Creative Cloud. Fan going like the clapper and machine quite hot.

Finally had enough and trying to solve it.

Noticed when I quit the offending CC processes, the ones using 76% of the CPU via the activity monitor, the whole machine quieted down and I can hear myself think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues similar if not the same as this. 

CClibrary.app is running my CPU at 100%.

CCX Process 4.4.4.1

Is there any new information about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to second this I'm also still having the issue and have to kill CCXProcess all the time.

Any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not solved, I regularly do not notice this service is running, causes my battery to drain quickly and my mac to heat up.

PLEASE FIT THIS! 

Joeri5FDE_0-1626614833098.png

Joeri5FDE_1-1626614840730.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should cancel my expensive adobe subscription and start looking at something else. really worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user experiencing this now. CCXProcess running, overheating the machine. This version of CCXProcess.app is 4.7.1-3. Tried using the cleaner tool to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to resolve this for now by pulling an old version of the CCXProcess.app from an older machine. The version I pulled over is 4.6.4-2. Killed the process, added this one and the LaunchDaemon launched it. It's now sitting nicely at 0% CPU, and only spiking briefly when it gets called (as expected). Not sure how long this'll last before it gets auto-updated, if this happens I'm going to set it to read only to prevent that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines