• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scammers

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email supposedly from Adobe offering help for a problem I posted on the forums.  Strange, they wanted my ID and password.  Of course I did not respond.  So be ware there are people looking at posts on this site for people to scam.  Email address was Adobecare@outlook.com.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

For anyone else reading this
Never post private information on a public forum... including your actual email address or phone number

Also, Adobe does not use Skype... if someone asks you to talk to them via Skype to "help" you, immediately report their Adobe ID in https://community.adobe.com/t5/Spam-Reports/bd-p/spam-reports so the person may be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being careful. Please can you tell us the Adobe ID (shown as person's name), so that we can report them and get them blocked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this
Never post private information on a public forum... including your actual email address or phone number

Also, Adobe does not use Skype... if someone asks you to talk to them via Skype to "help" you, immediately report their Adobe ID in https://community.adobe.com/t5/Spam-Reports/bd-p/spam-reports so the person may be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above Adobe needs to know the Adobe ID of that user to properly handle this. It will be banned. But without an Adobe ID there is nothing Adobe can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a direct email from:  Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare@outlook.com>

When I select reply the to address is:Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare@outlook.com>

This emal is supposedly in response to a current question I have posted about Elements 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was from Adobe the email address would end with @adobe.com and NOT @outlook.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was a red flag as well as asking for my password. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To chzuck (the original poster)

Please reply with the exact details of what the email said that you got. Was it from this forum system notifying you of a Private message and including the PM text? 

You have posted in the Bridge, Acrobat and PS Elements forums so did you by chance post your email address in any of those posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the Screen Name of the person that sent you the PM you got the email about.

It is included in either the header of the email or the subject line of the email notification.

I'm going to send you a PM (Personal Message) so you can see what the email notification looks like that gets sent out from this forum system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how they got your private e-mail address. 

Scan your system for viruses and spyware.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy the scammers may have used the PM system on the forums to message the OP and that would of generated an Email to the OP. In which they could of asked for the OP to reply by email AT @Outlook.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they used the forum's private messaging system, that means they have an Adobe ID that needs to be de-activated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Yes but until the OP posst back with the actual person's name, Screen Name, we can't do anything.

Maybe a Staff member can view the OP's Private messages to find the one he got from the scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I welcome a staff member to look at the full post in my messages.  And after you see what you need please delete their message.  I will surely look closer at private messages that I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how.  The person sent me a private message to which I replied.

Adobe_Patty_Bellotte
‎Dec 04, 2019
Hi, You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email. Team Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the Screen name of the person that sent you that PM. 

I have contated someone to report that user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what needs to get posted. the Scammer will get disabled and will create a new id unfortunately.

It's a race that only can be won when users raise the right flags. 

Adobe people are marked as employees. If they arn't marked, they are not.

Adobe e-mail addresses have adobe.com as domain. If they don't, do not answer and report the user id (and e-mail).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was snagged by someone from the same email address as above.  This started in a message in the Adobe Support Community, from Adobe_Michael_Tivey. Tried to charge me for Photoshop Elements 2020 because I said I couldn't download 2019.  I balked at that and they said 2019 no longer supported given my operating system (Win 10 64 bit).  Told me I should go back to an older OS or pay the money for the upgrade.  Scary and a waste of my time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are an easy target for scammers. They even do not need to use PM to contact you as you show your e-mail address to the world. For privacy reasons, your forum name should never be your e-mail in public fora like this one. Please change your forum name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo

I've stopped mentioning the use of e-mails in screen names because there is nothing anybody can do about it until Adobe fixes the broken system.  Forum Account Settings are also broken.  And there is no word on when the forum will be fixed.

====================

Beware of fake Adobe reps offering to sell you software.  It's a scam. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/avoid-phishing-3-easy-ways-to-identify-adobe-staff/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, but I formulated as a general rule, not specific to Adobe.

Abambo
via mobile phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines