Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files disappear off creative cloud

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me.

Several folders and files have been deleted from my creative cloud. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi Grace,

Were the files and folders which disappeared ones which were shared with anyone else? Have you already check the trash or recycle bin on your computer and the online recycle bin here? Adobe Creative Cloud

I've seen cases where files get moved to these locations in error. Could check these and let me know if you find them?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace,

Were the files and folders which disappeared ones which were shared with anyone else? Have you already check the trash or recycle bin on your computer and the online recycle bin here? Adobe Creative Cloud

I've seen cases where files get moved to these locations in error. Could check these and let me know if you find them?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no they weren't.

I haven't deleted them there are just several folders that are now empty.

Its really important work too.  Is there a way they are backed up by adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Creative Cloud randomly does this. I was told by their tech support to look in the CC Archive folder because CC doesn't really throw anything away. And yes, I found things in there which also lead me to check the Recycle Bin on my own computer, where I also found my files. I was able to restore my files from the Recycle Bin en mass, but our team is afraid to use CC now because of the lack of an  explanation from Adobe why this has happened and how to prevent it in the future. The thing that made our issue strange is that in each folder there remained one file that wasn't deleted. Spooky right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. It just happened to me also. I was able to go online and retrieve it from the trash bin on Adobe. Scary stuff. Almost lost two days of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this answer qualifies as a "correct answer." I had nearly 14GB of files randomly deleted. These were all files that I use on a regular basis but for some reason they all just got tossed in the recycling bin...and they continue to get put back there. I think I have restored the same files at least 3 times in the past couple days. If this continues I will probably quite using the Adobe file storage just like I quite using the Desktop App that ditched the small compact version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have exactly the same problem and was wondering if somone can help me here!

files are missing soooo many of them! and there are not in the trash!

tried to call the adobe suport but unfortunatly they contect me to somwhere and no one picks up and im wating behind the line for more than 30 mins,,.... cant wait forever to get an asnwer!

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen to me again!  I had it happen about 2 months ago and now it happened again yesterday.  I have backups and restored from there and yes, ALL the files are in the trash, but why does this keep happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me twice in two months. Very frustrating. All of our clients' artwork and files are on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who marked that answer as the correct answer??!? This has just happened to us as well. How on earth can this have been going on to long with Adobe not taking it seriously!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a relatively rare complaint (and it's not clear if it's due to user error).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can aver that it is not due to user error. I had this happen to me, and spent a long time working with Adobe on the issue; they confirmed that it was not supposed to happen but nevertheless did. It was their error. The fact this is still happening is really unbelievable. I no longer sync my files with their cloud service because they have lost my trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trusting any cloud service as the only source of important files is unwise.  ie, always have a backup and use cloud services, at most, as a convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem but my biggest problem is being spoken to like a child who got caught in a cookie jar. If I get online and do this I went through everything 15 times stop blaming the customers and stop having people at adobe say there experts  there's no such thing. You people have your fingers in my computer pockets and lost 2 days worth of work if I get drunk tonight someone would end up ither in prison or a hosptital.. that is how pissed off I'm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me but the recycle bin was empty and the adobe achieve was too.

2 hours ago they just disappeared. All of the folders in one particular section but other files on there seem ok.

Really important files now missing. Going back to saving everything on HD and passing them around.

Crazy situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me as well recently, files disappearing from the CC folder on the hard drive. The files are not in the archive folder within my account online. BUT, they are all there online and I can restore them, albeit only one by one (which takes FORever).

The only thing that has saved me is that I also copy my files to our corporate server as an additional backup, and of course, Time Machine does back up the entire hard drive (assuming I don't unplug before it has time to do so).

I have also noticed archive folders within my CC folder, but they are hidden. I can only see them when I try to relink using the relink dialog box, but not when I navigate to the CC folder from the finder.

Regardless, it is the principle of the thing. Missing files are a total PITA. We use CC to have all files at all times regardless of device. If it doesn't work, what's the point?

I wonder if the syncing is confused about which is the "mother" computer? I do also sign in on my personal (non-work) computer, although I have not recently... but some (not all) of the files that are missing I don't think are on that machine. Is there a way to designate which way to sync?

thoughts anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also just happened to me (MacOS Mojave).

I was in Finder and tried to open one folder and suddenly discovered its content had disappeared (I had files from that folder open and had it open in iTerm). I looked at Adobe CC>Assets>Files and it threw an error about syncing problems.

The next day, the parent folder had been removed. There are only two users for this account and neither of us was using CC folders in the meantime.

The contents of both folders are spread out in the trash.

Why is the correct answer marked as human error when this clearly appears to be a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since 2 days. I can't work, I always have to double-check every file I save, and I can't afford to lose all my work !!!

My files are not in the recycle bin or in the deleted files of the cloud. They're just... gone.

When I save my work, sometimes I can even watch them disappearing from my folders. Weird, since I obviously don't delete them...

Is there a solution ? Or do I have to uninstall the cloud and use another one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I found that MANY of my files were missing, I found them in my computer's trash folder.

I DID NOT move these files, as some of them were my coworker's project so I have no reason to touch (or really even know where they are stored on Assets.) Entire working folders were moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently waiting for 6000 files to resync to my CC which were automatically deleted in the last 12 hours - and not by me!

Kind of ridiculous considering many of us, including myself, use cc to "store files safely and securely" for our businesses. Important projects and files were just gone when I loaded my cc this morning. Thankfully I read about the archive on the forum and they were sitting in there but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. It is unnecessary stress and time wasted waiting for everything to resync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files that were saved in Photoshop 2019 has disappeared!!!! I call Adobe help line which is over seas, and they say that this does not happen. They are trying to say that I may deleted them by accident!! Which I'm saying I DID NOT!. I am so disappointed with Adobe because I have never have this problem before. I'm wondering if there's a bug or something weird going on with the 2019 versions. I have the MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 version installed on my mac. Don't know if that have anything to do with it or not. But something is seriously wrong here.

Days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe(dot)com) using the tool.

Also, can you please share the sync version specified in the Creative Cloud files folder in the Preferences.

Also, it would be really helpful if you can share the name of file(s) which got deleted automatically. Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm missing 350+ GB of files, I was only able to recover 2GB from the recycle bin and deleted Assets folders. Everyone else that has access to this shared folder isn't having this problem, how can I recover the rest on my computer? Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just had this happen today. No explanation, just all my CC files in the Recycle Bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines