• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files failed to sync OSX 10.8.5

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been asked by a new client to use CC to collaborate on a project.

We used to use Dropbox (successfully for a year without issues) but someone decided CC was "better".

After having used CC on my MacBook Pro with 10.8.5 for one week, of which the first 4 days were fine, now "some files failed to sync".

I've searched this forum and the help topics, none of my filenames are too long, neither do they contain illegal characters. It was all working fine until yesterday.

Now some (not all) of the files that were syncing will not. CC gives no clue as to why not.

Having read the forum I tried to uninstall and re-install, but all this did was erase my local copies, which were the most up-to-date!

I would have lost an entire day's work had I not had a Time Machine backup. Other CC users take note!

The other guys on the project need access to the files, but now it just turns off syncing altogether after a failed attempt.

I will probably have to use Dropbox for now, and the project team's faith in Adobe CC has been critically compromised, but I'm posting here in the hopes that someone has found a way to resolve this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John but that was the first thing I read when I started researching this issue. None of those are causing the problem in my case. That's why the fourth line of my post above says "I've searched this forum and the help topics, none of my filenames are too long, neither do they contain illegal characters. It was all working fine until yesterday."

In fact, yesterday I was getting "server error".

Oh what the hell, no-one from Adobe reads this stuff – Dropbox is doing just fine. CC will catch up at some point I suppose. The project team has implemented a more robust syncing strategy to get round this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines