Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in infinite "Syncing" loop.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have had the error of Creative Cloud telling me i cant save in my folder because i dont have permission, for the last month or so. EXTREMELY frustrating. Today it had a new update for creative cloud, and it seemed like that bug had gone away. Which made me happy, because now i can use a product that i pay for every month.....  Unfortunately, my Creative Cloud was not fixed, but instead became completely useless.. now i am stuck in an infinite "syncing" loop, that will not allow me to sync new files at all.

I have tried all suggested bug fixes but nothing helps...

Seriously... i have been using photoshop for the last decade, and i rarely had any issues with it. But since changing it to the cloud format, and since i started using creative cloud, i have been showered with bugs and errors on a regular basis... come on??!

Please help?

Regards

Frederik

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi Frederik,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties and frustration.

I’ve seen some other recent reports of sync running continuously and never completing.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10367869?tstart=0#10367869

Maybe try these suggestions

1) One of the people on the posted resolved by installing some pending OS updates.

2) A second person resolved it by recreating some of the CoreSync database files. They mention the continuous sync being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederik,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties and frustration.

I’ve seen some other recent reports of sync running continuously and never completing.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10367869?tstart=0#10367869

Maybe try these suggestions

1) One of the people on the posted resolved by installing some pending OS updates.

2) A second person resolved it by recreating some of the CoreSync database files. They mention the continuous sync being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Please try these steps after stopping all of the sync related processes

1. First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app
  2. Second, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp
  3. Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync
  4. Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

Let me know if these help,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Thank you for the hasty response, it is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, as stated in my first post - i have already tried these "solutions" and they did not fix my problem.

I have not moved my creative cloud folder or in any way done something different to trigger the bugs. The bugs came from one day to another , and the lastest one came when i updated my creative cloud app today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for confirming these are things you have tried. A few additional questions to better understand.

• Are you on Windows or Mac?
  • You may need to repeat some of the steps after the update, can you confirm that this is something you've done (sorry to ask again)?
  • What AV software do you use?
  • Are you behind a firewall or proxy?
  • Would it be possible to test if the same thing occurs using a different internet connection?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederick,

did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. The file is the main style guide we are using and I'm needing to resolve this issue asap so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, I am having this same issue, have the latest updates on a win 10 machine, the latest updated version of Adobe cloud and all my other programs. I have gone through the four steps you recommend twice and have uninstalled and reinstalled creative cloud as well as rebooted my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this so often, I need to write a script to automate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as you on Mac. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using it entirely, and started using OneDrive instead. This actually took care of a couple problems I didn't realize were related to CreativeCloud sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way I've found to solve this issue is to go to the Creative Cloud app > Your work (top tab) > Cloud Documents > Find the document and Right Click > Duplicate.

That usually solves the issue. You can then delete the file that wasn't working. 

carloso88605644_0-1604080901460.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also worked for me! Atter trying many different things. Thank you! Thought I lost a lot of my work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines