• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync is not supported on network locations.

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

I'm having an issue syncing CC to my local network drive. I didn't have this issue before with the same drive and setup but now when I change the folder location it give me this error.

"Sync is not supported on network locations. Please choose a different folder."

Can someone please tell me what the issue.

Thx

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The simple answer is Creative Cloud does not support network locations, Creative Cloud does support moving your Creative Cloud folder to a location locally on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm if this is a change and why it has occurred - as previously my CC folder was in a network location and seemed perfectly well supported.

Strangely enough, not many people may want upto 100Gb of Adobe working files on their hard drive when they have a network one just for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you pduthie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

The option to move the CCF folder in the Creative Cloud application has always been there and people have previously used it for network locations as you know, however, this has now been changed in the latest release's of Creative Cloud, the app knows the user is changing to a network location and displays a pop up msg. I agree with you that people use network locations for file storage as local hard drives get smaller and smaller (SSD). This could be something that comes back and is fully supported in future releases.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Creative Cloud and see the option to sync to network storage is still unavailable.  It has been two years since this reply -- will Adobe be adding this feature anytime in the near future? 

If anyone has a better work-around, please post.  Are there any other cloud services that will allow this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to cram out this thread... Is there an update to this. I, and I think many others want to sync from network drives.

Or from NAS directly. As far as I know there is no solution to configure sync from a Synology or Qnap NAS or similar network storage solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update, Adobe, on whether this feature is still under consideration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread in the hope that there may be some option available. I hate to admit it, but I doubt Adobe would ever implement such a thing. Why would they allow you to spend a reasonable amount of money for a sizeable external hard drive at your local electronics store when they can sign you up to an expensive ongoing cloud storage plan? I understand they are looking to make money, but I have been constantly frustrated with the way Adobe ignores the way that customers use technology and forces users into behaviour which is neither optimal nor intuitive for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would i be able to follow this up?

The whole point of having cloud storage is to offload files from a drive to the cloud, As the adobe assets.com webpage only supports up to 1GB uploads, there is no selective sync (my whole cloud drive has to be synced), and I'm unable to map my sync folder to a network drive, the cloud service is poor. I've resorted to using my adobe acrobat document cloud storage (there i can at least upload zip files through my browser)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too want to use a network location for creative cloud folder sync. Disappointing that this has been neglected for over two years now. Adobe, please update as network locations are the norm now with SSD on local machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing after to years, what a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is 2021 and I assume Adobe is still ignoring this issue.  My libraries are almost 2 TB so using the Adobe cloud is not even an option.  I have a server for my file storage and am still using the last Creative Suite before the cloud was forced on us since I need to be able to use my network for storage.  I am still having to use the dropbox work around for my library files with them pointing to my network location for image storage.  I just got another new computer and would really love to get the latest version of photoshop and lightroom but if Adobe is still not supporting network storage, I won't be able to buy the upgrade.

How about it Adobe?  Do you want customers or do you want us to stay away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines