• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download a PSD file on ACC- what could be the cause?

Mentor ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with different size layered files and receive the error message "Sorry an error has occurred" on every try. Would greatly appreciate help in finding a resolution. Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide the name of the program you are using so a Moderator may move this message to the correct program forum

This Cloud forum is not about help with program problems... a program would be Photoshop or Lighroom or Muse or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, the problem is with Creative Cloud not these two programs: Photoshop which created the file and Dreamweaver which is the app to access the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is an umbrella, marketing term... and this forum is about problems with the Cloud in general, not specific programs (unless your problem is with installing or updating a program)

If you don't want to ask in a program forum, or have this message moved to a program forum, to get help with that specific program, that's fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, the problem is with creative cloud not any program! How can I state this so that you understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there no responses to this question/problem? I understand now the major problem with all the forums that once questioned and not answered the response dies. How does one correct this issue? Or are we so sure that what we say is the "right" answer. If this is the issue then these forums are truly in peril to help- which I believed was the reason for their creation. This applies to not only to this question but to many others. Unfortunately many experts are working to delete spam from the forms and that to me is not the way to use the creative/expert persons.

Please may the powers that be check in and correct this! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few questions:

• Are you trying to download a file you uploaded to the Assets site at https://assets.adobe.com or from a public link that was shared with you?
  • What are your operating system and browser versions?
  • Do you have a screen shot showing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is a PSD that I created- not one from a public link or one shared with me… DOWNLOADing not uploading...

IT is a Creative Cloud Problem not an app or user problem unless ACC cannot accept a PSD file that is around 60MB and has less than 20 layers.

System is OS X10.10.2.

Problem: work to download the PSD file I CREATED in Photoshop to a folder I CREATED on Creative Cloud.

Error message after 1/3 to 1/2 download that an “sorry an error has occurred”

This is NOT an app problem but one with Creative Cloud and I have run into this before BUT

due to an PR program that I am in it is IMP that I be able to access this file via ACC….

Screen shot of problem: no- but what would I show except an error message that I have reinstated again.

In contacting Dw they suggested that I upload via the Extract panel- that worked! But NOT through Creative Cloud which is my normal route. I tried diff files with same results of error message so it wasn’t a prob. with the specific PSD file itself.

How else can I explain so that it is clear what I am experiencing… this I believe is the problem with most users when they have a problem- the verbiage seems to be a problem to most who are willing to help or they are not reading with a clearly what the problem is or persons such as myself is not using the verbiage that is understandable.

Does that help clarify the issue? Thank you for noting my frustration at an issue that needs resolution so others might not hit this wall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s browser- Firefox- up to date

the main one that works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry frustrations run high--- I am trying to UPLOAD the PSD file not downloading anything so please ignore my first statement in the responding email...

!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I ask for a screenshot is that is just shows the error without having to describe it in words. And sometimes it gives us useful information.

So the issue is with file upload. Is the upload failing in the Firefox browser from https://assets.adobe.com/files or from an upload using the file sync that is part of the Creative Cloud desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the error is with uploading via file sync that is part of ACC and more specifically I specify what folder- Ps or Dw- that I wish to be uploaded to- both failed.

I realized that I express download as: I have a file from my computer to download to ACC--- which is confusing to most. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send us your sync log files to <Removed by moderator>

The location for Mac OS X is:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Note that on Mac OS X to see the user library from the Finder click on the Go menu and hold down the Alt / Option key. (Help article here if needed: Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later).

Also here is a help article on why files may not sync: Error: "Unable to sync files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken, the files are sent. Thanks for the article but none of the issues fit for this error. But... now that I have raised a screaming voice about this I prob. can try to "upload" again and it will work.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines