Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sync larger files

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

So, recently i moved and in the new house i had to change from Fiber to ADSL. I went from 100Mb-10Mb (down-up) to 24Mb-1Mb, so speeds are a lot slower.

Since the move, i'm unable to sync large files (as in bigger than 80-100MB). The sync starts normally, but always, after X% the sync fails. If I do it via the app, i get a "Unable to sync [file name]" error and no other message. If i do it via the browser, i get no error whatsoever.

I never had any problem before with Fiber, so i wonder if is there any timeout in place or something like that, or any other thing i'm not aware of? The upload speed is slow, but steady.

I'm on Mac Os X Mountain Lion (10.8.5).

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, anyone?

I tried the live chat but the guy told me that i had to get my help here... 😕

Another info that i forgot to mention, it only happens with Creative Cloud. I have a web server and moving files to the server, be it by the browser or FTP works as always.

I really could use help because it's slowing a bit my workflow.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no one?

Got a CC update a couple of days ago and still the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am having this same issue.  In fact, I have it quite frequently on different PCs for months.  All windows 7 machines, some 32-bit OS, others 64-bit OS.  Both on SSD and typical HDDs.  Seems to only happen with large files.

I saw in another post, that we may be limited to files less than 5 gigs... can someone/anyone confirm? 

Right now, I have to use Dropbox, which I'm pretty sure Adobe won't reimburse me for... even though I'm only using it because it does what the creative cloud is supposed to do.  BTW, Dropbox works flawlessly with large files.  All of them, every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is captured here: Error: "Unable to sync files".  Also, the limit for desktop file syncing in Creative Cloud is 5 GB.

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming... how come on the help page, where is says:

"Syncing large files

You could see an error if you're trying to sync a large file using the Creative Cloud Files folder.

If you copy a large file to your Creative Cloud Files folder, the file doesn't sync until it is copied completely into folder. As the file is copying, the file is flagged, and your Creative Cloud desktop app notifies you that it is "Unable to sync file(s)". Once the copy completes, it begins syncing to Creative Cloud."

there is no mention  the 5 GB limit.  Or, in the creative cloud app, it mentions nothing as well..  With 100GB of space, I can't be the only person trying to upload larger files.  In fact, is there any documentation anywhere (other than comments on forum posts) on this file size limitation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, my problem seems to have disappear by itself… But i was not even trying to upload 5GB files… I was unable to upload 100-200MB files…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines